sunshinebus

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
self build
advice please
i am thinking of having an on board bulk propain gas tank fitted and have been told that i can have it regulated to the pressure i need ! but at current everything is working off butain bottles . if i fit a bulk tank it will propain be ok to use if regulated to butain pressure ??
any advice would be appreciated
thanks
Mark

Last edited:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
everything is now regulated at 30mB , so have that fitted to use butane or propane

in the past I have used butane and propane with 28, 30, 35 and 50 mB regulators and they all worked perfectly with butane and propane , so don't worry about it

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi the bulk tank will have a propane (lpg) regulator,no adjustment will be required to your cooker etc as they run on either butane or propane.Propane works at lower / cold temps where butane is more for summer use,struggling at freezing

PS why not just use a refill adapter (propane bottles):thumb:
MAKE SURE you read all about them before making up your mind :Eeek: plenty of info on here if you search :thumb::thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: There I have said refill adapter :ROFLMAO: now where is my crash hat :ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sunshinebus

sunshinebus

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
self build
thanks its the fridge im more botherd about the water heater and cooker i think will be fine but the fridge says set at 30mbar butain pressure and is a big rm 4501 that i dont want to damage

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:thumb: it will be fine :thumb: you cannot do any damage
terry

OP
OP
sunshinebus

sunshinebus

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
self build
thanks terry looks like another winter project to get on with
ps love your self build must be a yorkshire thing ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks,they must be like gremlins :ROFLMAO: In our village over the last year or two about 5 or more have appeared ::bigsmile: Unfortunately they seem to be of the shed variety :Eeek::Eeek: but hey so long as they enjoy them :thumb: it does not matter :thumb: Nice self builds are still quite rare :winky: We all have to start at some point :Smile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back