Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
we have been running fine on calor lite bottles, after deciding for france new year may need a bit more gas, i purchased a 15kg calor bottle and installed it thursday , on arriving in cornwall fridge would not light , managed to manually light it up, today had problem lighting water heater, replaced regulator still same problem, replaced gas with new calor lite and all now fine , can only assume duff bottle of gas ???????:ROFLMAO:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
we have been running fine on calor lite bottles, after deciding for france new year may need a bit more gas, i purchased a 15kg calor bottle and installed it thursday , on arriving in cornwall fridge would not light , managed to manually light it up, today had problem lighting water heater, replaced regulator still same problem, replaced gas with new calor lite and all now fine , can only assume duff bottle of gas ???????:ROFLMAO:

This description below was common with the older screw on regulators and bottle valves

(It sounds like the bottle had some air in it, it can happen if the last user runs the bottle enpty and leaves the valve open, the change in teperature over a couple of days will suck a little air into it.

The cure is to take the bottle outside clear from any dangers of fire on open the bottle for a few seconds.)

I suppose it could have happend if the regulator was left on the bottle and open.

Doug...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi could it have been too cold ? you need propane in colder temps
terry