gas pressure (1 Viewer)

betterthenatent

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Exp
first year
Hi we are away in our van at the moment. A few days ago i had trouble lighting the heater it will not flash up after I release the gas control nob it just goes back to pilot also even on pilot there was no pressure on the job. Then today when boiling a kettle the flame went down the gas bottle is showing full but to eliminate it I changed it that seemed to sort it out but tonight we were having a bit of a end of trip cook up all four burners plus grill and it happened again all burners went right down we could only get a decent flame if we only had. One burner on it has been v cold at night I thought ice irn the regulator.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Are you on propane or butane, that is are you on red bottles or blue bottles

OP
OP
B

betterthenatent

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Exp
first year
Red bottles but had no problems up to now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

betterthenatent

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Exp
first year
Well the speedo has stoped working on this trip so nothing will surprise me. I have just dug out the hand book and it says that the system will work on propane or butane am I right in thinking that the difference is one burns hotter then the other.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
yes propane is hotter it burns at a higher pressure 37 millibars against 28 millibars for butane also butane suffers pressure loss in cold weather

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Regulators can fail, and the ones that fit directly to the bottle often do. I always used to carry a spare as they are not expensive. The ones fitted to the van are a different proposition though and harder to replace.

OP
OP
B

betterthenatent

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Exp
first year
I'm home now and have access to a proper computer. Smart phones are handy but rubbish for surfing. I have a Truma regulator fitted to my van. 2005 Elddis, and it seems they have a bit of form. The regulators that is not Elddis. I have been reading a lot of posts on forums dating back to 2006-2007 and it would seem Truma changed a lot of regulators then under warranty. My van is just out of the dealers used vehicle warranty so im on my own. I think I will change it with a Gaslow 30 MB regulator it looks as if it is a straight swap over and I can use the existing gas cock. ÂŁ20.00 inc vat. A lot cheaper then the speedo repair is going to be I think. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back