Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We have 2 gas low bottles connected to the green segmented guage if full and red when empty. The gauge has a white disc with 3 arrows left / right / centre. My question is does it make any difference when refilling where the arrow is pointing. Also when filling do you fill one bottle at a time / does it make any difference. Last question is there anyway to connect a third bottle into the system as we spend the winter in Spain and its a 4 hour return journey to refill , it was suggested that i fit a bottle into barbecue point but this worried me, is there a connecter that fits into/onto the refill point which i then connect to a bottle with a unregulated connector
thanks
Wanderer

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
it was suggested that i fit a bottle into barbecue point but this worried me,

Wanderer

Cant comment on Gaslow as I've never had that system , but using another bottle with it's own regulator connected to the BBQ point is the simplest way of extending your stay on a site..

When we were living in Spain I kept the main LPG tank full as a back up and used Spanish bottles, which are reasonably cheap and easy to get, ..

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cant tell you about gaslow .but if you winter in spain get a couple of repsol or cepsa bottles .11euro exchange. available just about anywhere within a couple of miles . so much for saving a shilling and being convenient. .be easier to remove the gas low and use spanish bottles than play around. or get an lpg pump to transfer from spanish bottles into your gaslow system. getting more complicated as it goes on. cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
I have 2 x 11Kg Gaslow bottles with auto-exchanger much like yours by the sounds of it. It does not matter when you decide to top up, this is one of the the advantages of having the system. You say that it is a 4 Hour round trip to top up with LPG in Spain ? Have you got the 'All the Aires Spain & Portugal' book as this lists service areas where LPG is available. Additionally, you can purchase a book on the Internet that lists all the LPG suppliers in Europe, can't give you the name of the book or website address at this moment in time as my books are locked away in Van. However, the All the Aires books can be purchased from Vicarious Books from their Internet site.

How much gas do you intend to use whilst in Spain ? I used to tour Spain with 2 x 6Kg calor bottles and never ran out so 2 x 11Kg Gaslow should last a fair while. Admittedly I am not in a position to stay anywhere for extended periods longer than 1 month, looking forward to the time when I can join the rest of the 'sunbirds' :Cool: so do not know what gas usage is like during spanish winters.

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
thanks for replies , yes i do have all the lpg refill depots and the nearest to Almeria is either \\\\\\\\\granada or Elche(murcia) , as we spent 5 months away during the winter 2x11 kg was not enough. With regard to the barbecue point the connection to the van is not screwed but push on is it ok to put regulated gas back into the system
regards
Wanderer

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
With regard to the barbecue point the connection to the van is not screwed but push on is it ok to put regulated gas back into the system
regards
Wanderer

yes.. provided it is as you say , regulated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back