Gas-low butane or propane (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2014
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 747
Exp
Since 2015
Hi We are about to pick up our very first Motorhome in the next two weeks... And just wondered what people think about the gaslow system.... And also butane or propane which is preferable...
Many thanks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use butane almost all the year. in spain etc in winter it works fine . in maroc its ok. should i suffer a problem the odd time i,m up the mountains or in the cold i have a flogas propane.
plus butane is better for cooking etc as its a hotter burning gas . and gives better light in my gas lights.

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have always used Butane; whilst camping and in my Folding Camper all year. I have camped in snow and depths of Winter. At least what us Southerners call Winter.

Never had any problems with it, I am only changing to Propane because my new MH has a propane adaptor fitted to it and i am now likely to use it in more severe weather now. Another issue with Butane is altitude. Some posts on here refer to this as well so if it is cold and high use Propane. Not freezing and low it will not matter too much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i have been over 3000mtrs above sea level in the atlas mountains even above the snow line . butane still worked.
we were all actually suffering alltitude sickness but the maroc butane still fired up no probs .
was higher than bennevis earlier this week when in spain still used butane no probs .
hi scot jim , we like the three degrees. but they will give you black looks . ha ha .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back