Gas locker door problem (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I have posted on the thread "Autotrail woes" about this and I know others have been affected by the same thing. Namely, the locker door not closing because the catches foul on the gas bottles if you try and fit 2x13kg ones, as per Autotrail's specifications.

After many excuses and so called cures for this from Autotrail, and then even being ignored by them, as well as them ignoring my dealer, they appear to have addressed the problem on new models. While taking the MH in to the dealers for warranty work to be completed, I had a walk around the showroom and noticed that there was a difference with the locker doors on the new models.
They have fitted new type catches, of the kind used on the rear garage/locker doors, and positioned them higher up on the gas locker door than the old catches were. This should avoid them fouling on the bottles.

My dealer is now trying to get Autotrail to modify, or supply new doors, on my MH. As yet, Autotrail still have to acknowledge that there was/is a problem in the first place.
So I urge all of you who have encountered this, and I know that there are quite a few, to get on to your dealer/Autotrail to have this put right.
I know people have resorted to 1x6kg and 1x13kg bottle, and other variations, to make the door close properly, but it should do as Autotrails own specification sheet says, and hold 2x13kg bottles, without issue.

This is a design fault from day one, and needs to be corrected by Autotrail on all of the affected vehicles.
Don't be fobbed off and accept second best and excuses.

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I have posted this on "Autotrail woes", but I will repeat it on here.

Autotrail have asked for photo evidence that the locker door does not fit and this has been duly forwarded to them, for the umpteenth time.

The dealer has asked for a replacement modified door at Autotrails expense and they will fit it FOC.

We await Autotrails response.

I won't be put off until this is sorted properly. :boxing: ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back