Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Them refillable bottles...

When they run out, and you use an external bottle through the exterior Bar-B-Q point... Because you can`t fill them up for whatever reason...

Free standing bottle outside with a regulator on, bit of pipe to the BBQ point (Push in and twist type)... turn on the gas at the bottle....

Now do I open or close the gas valves on the gas-lo system for the gas on the exterior bottle to get to the various components inside.. ie cooker /heater/oven.. ?

Thanks.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Them refillable bottles...

When they run out, and you use an external bottle through the exterior Bar-B-Q point... Because you can`t fill them up for whatever reason...

Free standing bottle outside with a regulator on, bit of pipe to the BBQ point (Push in and twist type)... turn on the gas at the bottle....

Now do I open or close the gas valves on the gas-lo system for the gas on the exterior bottle to get to the various components inside.. ie cooker /heater/oven.. ?

Thanks.

Having just invalidated your insurance by 'back feeding' your gas system-it doesn't really matter what you do next :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry Mo ::bigsmile:
Mike

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You close the bottles Mo..
But
I do not use the method you propose to be honest.. I use a pig tail and converter that I swap from the AluGas to a standard bottle.. In fact as soon as we hit Zahora that is what we do and use local gas bottles with a Spanish connector :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks John...

Going to book into Eddievanbitz to have a couple of things sorted before we depart...

I`ll get him to stick one of them pigtail things on..

Cheers mate... :thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Or use an external cylinder connection hose and apropriate adapter as shown on this PDF (right hand side of page) to feed from your external cylinder via your filling point. part no 01-4500
Link Removed
Using this hose you open one of the cylinder valves and that cylinder just acts as part of the pipework.

D.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Or use an external cylinder connection hose and apropriate adapter as shown on this PDF (right hand side of page) to feed from your external cylinder via your filling point. part no 01-4500
Link Removed
Using this hose you open one of the cylinder valves and that cylinder just acts as part of the pipework.

D.

Whoops ! Sorry Dave, not trying to steel your thunder, was typing at time of your post submission.
Great minds think alike.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
ooooooooo... That is cool.. I like that.. Easier than swapping bottles as I do at the moment.

Anyone know what is on the end that attaches to the van inlet ?

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Link Removed

D.

I know the OP did stipulate that his gas bottle would be empty-so that's fine.But,how would it work if you arrived on site with half full bottle and just wanted to change over to a Spanish bottle so that when you left you would still have half a tank ?? Just a thought.

Mike

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
ooooooooo... That is cool.. I like that.. Easier than swapping bottles as I do at the moment.

It`s all getting a bit complicated for me now... :Sad:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

Here you go.

The Gaslow Reserve Cylinder Connection Hose enables the connection of a reserve cylinder to the Gaslow filler point.
Perfect if you are on site and don't want to move your caravan to find a filling station.
The hose screws into the internal thread on the Gaslow Fill Kit.
The other end of the hose connects directly to any 21.8LH cylinders or our range of Gaslow 21.8LH Adapters, so you can connect to all European cylinders.
The gas will be drawn from the reserve cylinder, through one of the refillable cylinders to the regulator.
Note that it will not transfer liquid gas into the refillable cylinder, so gas from this cylinder will only be used if the refillable is empty.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
But,how would it work if you arrived on site with half full bottle and just wanted to change over to a Spanish bottle so that when you left you would still have half a tank ?? Just a thought.

Mike
The idea behind this is that you draw vapor only from the external cylinder that is connected to your system and that is why you need your internal cylinder to be empty as the pressure/vapor enters the cylinder and then feeds your appliances as required.
If your internal cylinder was half full/empty, it would simply empty your internal cylinder first.
This is great for the Gaslow system when two cylinders are fitted. I did read that you could invert the external cylinder and fill the internal cylinder but have not heard from anyone who has actually done this.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I have a built in gas tank on my auto sleeper and was thinking of backfeeding through the bbq point useing a regulated supply if needed

Is this safe to do?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back