Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
Fleetwood, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
I have just bought a Gas it two 6kg bottle kit with in locker filler and automatic changeover . ( got 5% discount quoteing mhfgas ).

Ordered yesterday at 11.00am and arrived this morning at 08.45am.

It will be fitted next week but now I am wondering about the first time I fill it up.

Am I making it up or did I read somewhere that the first fill can be a bit of a nightmare.

Gary

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I don't know about GasIt but I have heard that some systems the 80% cut out does not always work at first fill.

Make sure you know what the 80% capacity is of the system and ensure the pump turns off at this point.

I think it should be approx 12l per cylinder (total 24l) in your case but I'm sure someone will confirm exact figure for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have bought a second hand Gaslow package, hope to get it fitted at Chester this weekend

The original owner told me you need to close the valves to fill them, sounds odd, but looking at the system there looks to be an in and out on the valve, so presumably closing the top valve just stops a risk of sending the fill straight in to the MH

I hope to know a lot more after this weekend, and before I need to fill (y)

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Not a nightmare, but disconnecting the filler from the tank results in a sudden release of a small amount of gas. It's always a bit disconcerting and quite a shock the first time.
That's on top of all the issues others have raised. But not a nightmare, no.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Filling gas it first time is easy. Just plug it in and fill up. They have an auto cut off system inbuilt, so you cant over fill.
I remember feeling some trepidation on the first fill up too.
Phil

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
First fill, limit to 5lt and have spanners and soapy water to hand, if diy fit. After inspection and leak sealing fill to capacity by topping up to max, using pump guage.Just fitted alugas system with fill point fitted on sheet metal angle bracket within gas cupboard. Dethleffs has an advantage with pull out carrier to mount bracket on.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Copied from the GasLow site .......
IMPORTANT: FIRST
FILLING
ONLY.
In some rare instances it is possible that on the FIRST
FILL
ONLY, the 80% shut-
off may fail to activate. It is therefore IMPORTANT to pay attention when filling for the first time.
When using the 11kg cylinder - ensure your maximum fill is no more than 22.5litres. With a 6Kg cylinder - the maximum should be
12litres. If you are using a system employing 2 cylinders which are filled together, add the maximum volumes for the cylinders
together. e.g. If you are using two 11Kg cylinders - your maximum fill should be no more than 45litres. If you are using an 11Kg
and a 6Kg cylinder then your maximum would be no more than 34.5litres. Two 6Kg cylinders would be 24litres

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just fitted 2 11kg to our MH filled them Saturday 44.5 litres cut out worked ok but both gauges read empty drove home 1 reads full talked to gasit who said the floats sometimes get stuck in transit when empty should correct it self

Chris

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Had a problem with a small leak on my filling hose first fill. If I did it again would put a small amount in first check for leaks then go for it.

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back