Gas in Spain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Loujess, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

I'm starting to panic, mildly. We have 1 and 3/4 11kg bottles of propane gas and that has always done us when we've been to France for 6 weeks or lesis, since we haven't needed heating and we usually have EHU. It's just occurred to me that we will probably spend 6 days going down from Calais to Marjal and 6 days back, when we are likely to need heating, plus we will need heating at Marjal. It's quite possible that we will run out. Can I just ask, is it likely that we will be able to get replacement bottles in Spain, or is there a simple system we could get when we are there should it be necessary. Obviously, one that is not too expensive? :Eeek:

Ivy

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You will not get UK bottles in France or Spain.

The only ( dodgy ) solution looks to be one of the filler adaptors off ebay.

vwallan should be along to tell you how.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I suggest you only use the Calor for the trip there and back.. should be enough for that if your frugal..

as soon as you get to Marjal you get a Spanish bottle and regulator and keep the Calor in reserve.. plenty of folk there will be able to advise and help with a bottle ..

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

5. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

You can buy bottles here from other campers. 10 euro seems the going rate. Regulators new 15 euro, used 5 euro..
    We bought one yesterday.. Refills are around 16euro for 13kg bottle..
    Pm me if you need more info...
    Currently in benidorm and there were several for sale at the local flee market.

• Like Like x 3