Gas in France and Spain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by EZGee, Sep 25, 2014.

1. EZGee

EZGee Funster

Am currently touring France/Spain and due to staying on aires am using much more gas than anticipated and will run out in a few weeks. I have camping gaz as a back up so can get by albeit a little expensive.
    Anyone advise the best option re buying a cylinder in France or Spain and what I need to buy to get it to fit my set up (2013 Swift Sundance).

2. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Car boot sale and buy a bottle and regulator for 10 Euros in either country.
    Mitch

3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

check french super markets some only charge a euro deposit for a bottle .

4. Scattycat

Scattycat Funster

Super U.
    Gas is about 25€/28€ for a 13kg bottle with a 5€ deposit on the cylinder.

5. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

If you are still in Spain then you can get a s/h bottle from a rastro, which can be either like a car boot or a second hand shop. Also check out campsite notice boards. They usually go for €8-12 ish...
    Cepsa are the silver lighter bottles or there is the Orange Repsol.. Both have same connection..
    Do you currently have Butane ?? If so buy a "jumbo adaptor" then unscrew the clip on UK connection and replace with the jumbo adaptor onto the hose going to your bulkhead regulator and BINGO.. Connect to Spanish bottle straight into the van and use your existing locker... 13kg is Spain is around €17...
    http://s447.photobucket.com/user/staffs1959/library/Apache 700 mods/Apache 700 gas locker?sort=6&page=1

6. chaser

chaser Funster

I know this is useless information in your present circumstance but when you get back get yourself a gasit setup, just filled ours in France for a fiver after 17 days useing fridge cooking and hot water, fill up anywhere , does vary in price quite a lot, have seen from 75 cents to over a euro

7. jumar

jumar Funster

Hi, if you are in Murcia,Spain on your travels please PM me, I have surplus Spanish and French cylinders which you can buy from me. Our new van has Gasflow.

8. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

Hi can you buy the adapters there as well cheers Rod

9. Scattycat

Scattycat Funster

If by adaptor you mean the regulator that fits on the bottle then yes, usually grey for bitane and red for propane.
    You buy the bottle from their service station and the regulator from the Super market

• Like Like x 1
  10. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Hi,
    You have a 2013 van therefore you have a bulkhead reg.
    If you have a UK butane pigtail, Intermarche will sell/hire to you a 10kgs Propane (or butane ) bottle. The outlet on that bottle fits the UK Butane pigtail.
    If you don't have a UK Butane pigtail, and I assume you have because you have already stated that you have CampingGaz as a back up, please come back on here and tell us what you are currently using by way of a pigtail for further advice.