Gas generator wont start

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Soaringman, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Soaringman

Soaringman Funster

I have just bought a honda EU20 generator with gas conversion, I have had an external gas point fitted to my GASLO system. I haved tried to start it as per the instructions but to no avail. When I switch the GAslo system on I have to press a priming button for 3 seconds. I have tried keeping this depressed whilst cranking the gennie and it tries to kick over but then dies :Sad: has anyone had the same, or has anyone got any tips as to how it starts?

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I know that on mine I do not use any choke & there is a "bleed" valve to push which bleeds out any air.
    Brian

3. Soaringman

Soaringman Funster

Thanks Brian
    tried that (button in the middle) still no joy, do you have yours connected through a gaslo system? or just to a gas bottle?

4. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I have used it directly from a Calor cylinder (with a regulator) and also from our external bbq point without any problem.
    I assume you can hear gas escaping when the priming button and that you have sufficient gas in the cylinder.
    Brian

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

what make is the external gas point and have you tried any other gas appliance in it ?

6. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

The instructions are wrong, I had the same problem so I called the suppliers.

I know that the instructions say to press the button for 2 - 3 seconds but this actually floods the thing. Pull the starter without any gas connected to clear it all (with the genie switched on). Then connect the gas but press the button just for about half a second rather than the 3 seconds suggested.