Free Member
Feb 18, 2017
Burnley, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
16 months
Hi, can anyone help? We have recently been out in our Swift Sundance and on arrival at our pitch, we were immediately confronted by what seemed to be a total gas failure. It's been totally bulletproof proof up until now. I have been reading various forums/websites and they were all pointing to the gas regulator, of which, we had a Clesse 30mb unit fitted. I changed the regulator thinking this would cure the problem, but no, there is still no gas flow at the appliances in the motorhome. I am now at a loss as to where the fault could lie? Does anyone have any pointers or advice to get to the bottom of this problem?
Many thanks
Stewart

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Sounds daft but have you actually got gas in the tank/bottle?

Just another thought, some regulators have a reset button.

Edit - reset button, not rest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stewart Woodcock

Stewart Woodcock

Free Member
Feb 18, 2017
Burnley, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
16 months
Yes there is gas in the bottle, you can hear it when you turn it on. As far as l know there is no valve turned off in the line anywhere. It's a total mystery but I will check for the rest button tomorrow.

xulih

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
58.89º North
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
If you have any taps on the line with plastic levers check that they are actually operating the valve and not just turning on the spindle .

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Are you using butane (blue) or propane (red) gas? If butane it may be too cold for it to gas off effectively.

Do you you have an auto shut off valve or a rupture protected hose? May need to press and hold for 10 seconds the reset button on them.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
This has happened to me in our Sundance. A big one to check, open the narrow cupboard under the sink, and look at floor level in there, there are 3 isolators, have you inadvertently knocked them into the off position?

OP
OP
Stewart Woodcock

Stewart Woodcock

Free Member
Feb 18, 2017
Burnley, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
16 months
No plastic taps have been closed so I can't see that being the problem. Not sure about the auto shut off valve? The pigtail from the the gas cylinder to the regulator is one of the stainless steel braided ones. There is flow through the regulator because I blew through it before fitting. It is a bit of a mystery.

OP
OP
Stewart Woodcock

Stewart Woodcock

Free Member
Feb 18, 2017
Burnley, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
16 months
I like the 'narrow cupboard' 3 isolators idea, I'll check that tomorrow. Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Have you just had a hab service ?

The engineers are in the habit of turning off the taps on the gas manifold after checking function.
Gas manifold could be anywhere, under a low level drawer etc, but always accessible.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
It will have a low pressure reset. It will need resetting after changing a bottle. Depends on regulator may have clear cap on top. Unscrew and lift pin to reset or if like mine a simple button inline next to regulator it will only be on or near regulator. Hope this helps (y)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Just another thought I'm assuming you're using butane at 30mb. As propane would require 37mb this would give you issues

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Is there any smell of Gas anywhere ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just another thought I'm assuming you're using butane at 30mb. As propane would require 37mb this would give you issues
Different regulators are not needed nowadays, the regulators were standardized many years ago at 30mb and cope equally with butane or propane.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
From your description of a stainless steel braided hose I assume you've got a refillable system (Gaslow, Gasit, Alugas etc) so when did you last fill it up with gas and where? If abroad it could be that the gas was mainly butane and therefore with the cold weather may not 'gas' sufficiently.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Unfortunately as he's used up his 5 postings as a 'guest' unless he joins the forum and pays his subs we'll never know the outcome!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back