Gas Cylinders (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
2 Years
A little help needed. Planning ahead I have purchased a second 6kg gas cylinder as a spare. I have been trying to put it into the locker (equipped with two sets of strap etc) but after much time and bad language have given up - has anyone managed to get a second cylinder in, what is the knack for doing this (when my battered fingers recover) All ideas appreciated.

If this is not possible - where is the safest alternative to carry the cylinder?

Thanks

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I take it that you have room for another bottle? .and if you have you need to slide the first bottle over to make room and then fit the second one in.then when the first bottle that you put in is empty you will have to remove the one closest to th door to get them both out

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NickA
Nov 17, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
2 Years
Thanks - I assumed I would be able to fit them in and simply switch the regulator - I guess that would have been too easy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I had this very problem with a previous van. Like yours, mine had a position for two cylinders. Could get the empty one out, but I couldn't get the second replacement in, even by sliding at an angle. There is apparently a slight variance is size between older and newer cylinder 'collars'. I had battered hands trying to get the second cylinder in. It kept snagging on the top of the locker. I wound up going to a dealership that sold cylinders and getting them to sort it!

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
A little help needed. Planning ahead I have purchased a second 6kg gas cylinder as a spare. I have been trying to put it into the locker (equipped with two sets of strap etc) but after much time and bad language have given up - has anyone managed to get a second cylinder in, what is the knack for doing this (when my battered fingers recover) All ideas appreciated.

If this is not possible - where is the safest alternative to carry the cylinder?

Thanks

All compartments are different, how about a photo, so we can understand your issue.

Keith :cool:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NickA
Nov 17, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
2 Years
I think I have got to the root of the problem. I have purchase the "lite" gas bottles and they appear to be about 1/2 cm wider than the old bottles - I am going back to the dealer tomorrow, to see if they can manoeuvre them, but I suspect my obsession with reducing the weight has cost me!

If this is correct - any suggestions as to where best (safest) to carry the spare assuming I can secure it in some way?

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I too had this problem on my side by side gas locker until I realised that I had to twist the second gas cylinder around until the 'opening' on the handle (shown as a blue lines) lines up with the top edge of the locker opening.
This effectively reduces the diagonal length of the cylinder

$_57.JPG

The green measurement is shorter than the red

Cylinder.jpg

Top view.jpg

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It depends on your locker.

2 x 12kg....

image.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NickA
Nov 17, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
2 Years
Thank you to everyone that responded. I have now identified that two of the 'lite' cylinders do not fit in my locker (Nuevo 2009). I can resolve the problem by reverting to a standard cylinder (weight saving!). Thanks again

Upvote 0

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
To be honest two full LITES are not a big weight saving on standard cylinders. Once you have a few cans o liquid refreshment, full diesel, water tank it means NOTHING.

If you stop on your way to destination and have a good meal, weight saving gone!

And I sell Calor Lightweights are a MYTH and selling promotion from Calor that they can not even keep up to since the re call

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back