GAS CRISIS!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gloombusters, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Gloombusters

Gloombusters Funster

We are in Spain and running low on Calor Propane. Silly us, we thought a full bottle would last our trip, but have used more Camper Stops than planned it's 'moved the goal posts!'
    The place we are staying at now reckons they can get a 6 kg Repsol bottle and regulator dropped off at the site. Our concern is the dimensions of this bottle for our gas cabinet. Have any of you Funsters got one of these bottles and could forward me the dimensions. It's difficult getting the info. Thanks

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Be aware that if you have a bulkhead regulator already fitted on your van you CANNOT use the Spanish regulator as well.
    A friend tried it and it does not work. !

HOWEVER.. What you can use (like me) is what they call a Jumbo adaptor, sold at most caravan / camping type shops and even some DIY stores.. On a Butane pigtail all you do is change the clip on adaptor, as you have propane you will need to change the rubber pigtail as well...Cant help with bottle size, I am lucky to be able to get 2 x 13 kg Spanish bottles in mine.. :)

SAM_0959.JPG SAM_0962.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Speve

Speve Funster

I have just googled Repsol 6Kg bottles and can only find K6 similar to calor lite but no dimensions.sorry

4. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi aprox size is 20 ins hight and 10 ins round
    terry

• Like Like x 3
  5. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Repsol normal 12,5kg butane or 11kg propane bottles are 302mm in diameter , The 6kg is slightly bigger , 5 /10mm as it has a plastic case on it .
    Cepsa 12,5/11kgs are 295 mm in diameter,Worth remembering that if you can get in a 6kg repsol then you'll be able to get in either of the others normally as there is barely any difference in height.

6. Gloombusters

Gloombusters Funster

Thanks Gus-Lopez, the depth of my gas cabinet 270 mm so I reckon I may have a problem!

7. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

Back feed through the BBQ point if you have one with a Spanish regulator on the Spanish bottle and change to Gasit or Gaslow when you get home!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gloombusters

Gloombusters Funster

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice regarding Spanish gas bottles. The guy who runs the place where we are currently staying is incredibly helpful and phoned Repsol and even went out and picked up K6 Bottle which was too big for cabinet as were all their other sizes. We have it on information provided by another MH that there are two places on the Span/Portugal border that will refill UK cylinders and have all adapters necessary. Well, we were heading that way anyway! I'll get this properly sorted when I get home for future trips! (Only been doing this for 40 years) shows you can still make mistakes

• Like Like x 1
  9. ABZSteve

ABZSteve Funster

Sorry to hijack thread for a quick question. Can you get a 27mm patio gas regulator crossed over to the standard gas pig-tail ?cheers (y)

10. SMB

SMB Funster

Hope you get sorted K & A, if you still struggle to get it filled by the time you get to Portugal, send a pm to JJ as the young man spends most of his time there and might be able to help

11. Gloombusters

Gloombusters Funster

Thanks Paul will do