Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
No gas bottles supplied with the new van, and the connections are different to our other one. This one has a regulator with a male thread on it, i have been told that i have to have "pigtails", I gather its one for propane and another for butane,.....probably best i change my bottles...........are their good and not so good pigtails, whats recommended?

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Male reverse thread = propane ...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
best to go for stainless steel hoses, not the cheaper rubber ones, as these are believed to cause frequent regulator failure.The only surefire way to prevent this is to change to a cleese regulator or similar instead of the truma ones

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
a picture speaks a thousand words

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Ineresting...

I've just been wondering whether not having a 30mbar regulator could be causing my heater to malfunction, although my current one is 29mbar

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I've just been wondering whether not having a 30mbar regulator could be causing my heater to malfunction, although my current one is 29mbar

the difference between the 2 pressures is very small and the fire is designed to be run on a range of pressures. Until the standard 30mbar regulator, we used to have different pressures for different gasses. As your van is from this time of multiple pressures, it will be fine on 29mbar. unless of course the reg your using is faulty and supplies considerably less than its marked at. check the flame at the hob to visually check pressure

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back