LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Going end of Feb, beginning of March to Spain/France/Portugal, etc. for a few months.

At the moment I have a twin bottle (UK) set up,,, with hand change valve..

Can I use a Spanish bottle along side a uk bottle with a hand change over valve, ( I have a Spanish adaptor/regulator) or would I be better of getting a single Gaslow bottle? and would this just need a gaslow regulator and also work in conjunction with the hand changeover valve..

Think I have confused myself,,, so dont know what you will make of this question.:RollEyes:

Thanks.:thumb:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
At the moment I have a twin bottle (UK) set up,,, with hand change valve

I do this but with a French bottle and Uk bottle, works for me.

I could'nt recoup the cost of a Gaslow setup.

Oh Like the Harley

Roy

Link Removed

Last edited:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I worried a lot about gas for a recent 9 week trip to France / Spain, and took 1 13kg and 2 6kg cylinders (Propane) - I did not really want to get involved with continental cylinders.

In practice the 13kg lasted all but 2 days of the 9 weeks, so needn't have worried at all! At that rate of consumption my 3 bottles would have lasted around 16 weeks.

I guess a lot depends on how you use gas, and whether you have hook ups or not, we did most, but by no means all, of the time and did not often need heating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks for the reply`s,, :thumb:

Our main heating is a big blown air system and I should imagine gulps the gas,, we do have a "Deloghi 800w oil filled) so providing it is not that cold should be ok,, :thumb:

After 44 yrs marriage,, she still dont know how to drive an oven & gas hob,, so wont use much there, :boxing::ROFLMAO:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Can be confusing.

With Gaslow there is no problem filling in France. On my recent thread you will find a Google map by Olley of Autogas stations in Spain and some verifications from users. They are some distance from each other and depending on where you are staying could involve a lengthy drive.

Link Removed

It's worth thinking about your potential consumption - although very variable from one motorhomer to another.

Looking in to it I found that in deepest winter - skiing people who left the heating on night and day were using around 26Kg a week to ten days.

In the RV in Jan/Feb/March in Spain using gas for the heating, water heating, large fridge/freezer and showering everyday we used 13 Kg every two weeks (electric amperage was too low to be useful apart from some background (700 watt) heating.

On a six-month winter tour of the French Alps, Italy and Sicily in our small van with some very cold nights and mainly wild camping we used 11 Kg every 34 days - we also have a gas genny to charge the battery.

Bottle gas is available in Spain. Butane is widely available and there is no difficulty getting a bottle. Propane bottles of the Repsol/CEPSA type require some paperwork unless you can get an empty bottle at a market - then you need the appropriate adaptor. You can exchange propane bottles at garages in some areas but often cannot and can only find them at agency shops who organise truck deliveries to the villages.

These bottles are 13Kg - will they fit in your locker?

Just some thoughts - no real answers:Sad:

:Smile:
Keith

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Gas bottles

Hi

Noticed on my last Spanish run that there is a New(er) smaller Repsol bottle which Might be usefull for Eurohomes?. On the r-v I carry a 13kg repsol (Source; benidorm Market) and use an Extendastay the Regulator cost about 10e?. Bulk gas is available, but in SPAIN can still be difficult to obtain, Olley`s Gas Stations location "map" can now (i think) be downloaded as poi`s for satnav?. I have used at least 2 of them myself one at Valencia (access a bit awkward) and one near Alicante (access much Better), in fact I could probably have driven in with the "toad" still on.

pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sunty

Free Member
Dec 10, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Swift Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2002
Re-fill in Spain.

I have several friends who take only Calor bottles to Spain & Portugal and get them filled over there. May not be to Calor's liking but I understand that if you ask around (including the gas delivery drivers) you can easily be directed to a re-fill station at very low cost. Sunty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back