Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Hi everyone. I introduced myself a month or so ago. We have decided to buy a IH Savannah Gold from the converter. It is an absolute bargain. We are really pleased and very excited. ::bigsmile:

I need advice about the LPG. I have had lots of quotes and for a Propane 3.9kg the price is coming out at £45 ish with no exchange bottle. However I have found one company in Walsall called Tents Direct who sell it for £20 with no exchange. I have even phoned them to make sure this is correct and he said it is. What does everyone think? I have always believed if it seems too good to be true then it is. :Confused:

Thanks in advance

Chris

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Ask them if it is calor gas bottle ? if it is go for it :thumb:They usually are about £14/15 to exchange but some charge a deposit on the bottle of around 25 /30 quid which you loose :Eeek: after one yr :Angry:Can you not go to local tip they sometimes have empty bottles (any size) which can be exchanged for any size you require
terry

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Is it Tenthire Direct (105A Edward Street Walsall), rather than Tents Direct Chris?

If so then some of their eBay offers specify that exchange or bottle deposit is required and some don't. Given that their prices seem to be the national ones which Calor specify for exchange bottles I would guess that the guy you spoke to has made a mistake or misunderstood.

Having said that, as Terry says, if they are willing to honour that price go for it :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
try a local scrap yard they sometimes get them if they scrap a caravan

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
If you're a member of your local Freecycle, you could always ask on that.
Some people have them sitting in sheds, garages etc..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back