Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
**Sorry jim if this is the wrong place**

I have 2, " blue" gas bottles. 7 Kg each in the van. One is empty, one's nearly finished. I want to replace them with 2, " red " propane ones.

Will i need to change the regulator for the " red "propane gas bottles ?

I will phone the local gas delivery guy up this afternoon, then to change them over.

Many thanks in advance. mark

Last edited:
OP
OP
mark e

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Just checked with towsure, £25 for a top notch regulator with inbuilt reading valve thing, and £5 for a normal propane one. Guess which one i'll be buying then. !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
No need to buy the pricey one and most caravan accessory shops stock the ordiary ones. Your Calor dealer will be more expensive.

You will need a spanner with the new bottles only a couple of quid (again not at the Calor dealer)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark e

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Local gas delivery delivering tommorow morning. 2 x 6Kg propane bottles and one new regulator £34. And taking away 2 empty calor bottles.

I thinking of using propane all year round, is this okay ?

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Local gas delivery delivering tommorow morning. 2 x 6Kg propane bottles and one new regulator £34. And taking away 2 empty calor bottles.

I thinking of using propane all year round, is this okay ?

Yes.

Are you getting Calor though?

Upvote 0
G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Mark

Butane as a couple of advantages, more heat per kg is one and price is another, definately more bang for your buck from butane, so it could pay to swap. Personally I never bothered

If you are only going to get one gas, go for Propane's all year reliability...

George

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Mark don't swap Calor bottles for non Calor bottles.

Calor have a large deposit on them and although it non refundable they are sell-able.

Non Calor bottle generally have no deposit but can be a pain to swap if away from your supplier in the UK whereas Calor is everywhere in the UK.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark e

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Took delivery today of the 2 propane bottles and regulator.

But managed to have one of my fathers empty bottles to give the delivery driver.

So i have 2 new propane bottles and kept my nearly empty blue one too.
( If anything, it will be handy for a backup or my gas barbaque )

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2007
Sunny South Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5 years
Hi Mark

I'm over in Blackwood and just had a 55lt LPG tank fitted by a business up on the Penalta ind est. same filler as auto gas, remote solenoid for shutting supply off, new regulator,fully guaranteed. £300 plus vat.
It has freed up a locker for extra space, and of course lpg is 47p ltr at flo gas in Ystrad.and you can get it all over this country and Europe. If you have non Calor bottles you might have problems out of this area.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Mark

I'm over in Blackwood and just had a 55lt LPG tank fitted by a business up on the Penalta ind est. same filler as auto gas, remote solenoid for shutting supply off, new regulator,fully guaranteed. £300 plus vat.
It has freed up a locker for extra space, and of course lpg is 47p ltr at flo gas in Ystrad.and you can get it all over this country and Europe. If you have non Calor bottles you might have problems out of this area.

is it a well established and knowledgable company. CORGI registered of coarse.

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2007
Sunny South Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5 years
Hi roadrunner,
If you come off at the island for the Duffryn ind estate, take the 2nd exit at the next r/bout and as you go round the bend(before the lights) you will see an entrance to your left, there is a tyre bay there, and Flo gas are in the far left of that area.

We use them for forklift bottles and used to get propane bottles from them before we had the lpg tank fitted. They aren't open Saturdays.

Papajohn, yes, he is an authorised installer for lpg, tanks are supplied with test certificate and he guarantees installations for 18 months.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back