Free Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
I went to swap my gas bottle at the weekend and found out it is a German bottle and was told they are hard to find - I live in Cork in Ireland. The guy told me I wouldn't have a problem changing it in France as I'm off there next week. Does anyone know if this is the case. I'll put up a couple of photos to show you the type of bottle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 39

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Don't think you'll be able to swap it in France. You'll need to go to Germany to swap it or buy another bottle.

You might be able to pick up a 2nd hand bottle at the local recycling centre but you still wouldn't be able to swap it in France. You probably need to change the regulator as well.

Denise

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As said.. you won't find German bottles or be able to swap them in France ..

Better to fit a refillables .. then you can go to any country (apart from Morocco) and always fill up with gas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The only bottles which are interchangeable in several European countries are Campingaz ones but they are EXPENSIVE! All others are country specific so unless you are going to Germany you'll need to get another bottle, maybe more depending on how long you are going for and what your gas usage is likely to be, so:

How long are you going for?
Are you going to more than one country?
Will you be using campsites or aires, or if both, then what proportion of each?
What size bottles can your locker take and can it take more than one?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The only bottles which are interchangeable in several European countries are Campingaz ones but they are EXPENSIVE! All others are country specific so unless you are going to Germany you'll need to get another bottle, maybe more depending on how long you are going for and what your gas usage is likely to be, so:

How long are you going for?
Are you going to more than one country?
Will you be using campsites or aires, or if both, then what proportion of each?
What size bottles can your locker take and can it take more than one?
Now we had threads about this a while ago, where it was said you can get bottles in France that have the same threads or push on regulators as calor bottles , not what you asked but worth a scout round the threads to see what it was about, and get yourself a calor regulator , plenty about. Or your regulator might even work. Won't swap a calor bottle but you could get a French one when you are there.
We have a fixed regulator so it's just a matter of another pipe to fit, we have French ,calor and gasit and can use them all but since we had the gasit just use that.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
The female coupling looks the same as we have here, if that is the case a new, full, bottle 11Kg is only 19 euros at Brico Marche without exchanging an empty one.

Never seen a French bottle that accepts a male end on the pigtale so almost certain an adapter would be needed to swap from a Calor bottle

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back