GAS BOTTLES!!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
I am sure that this has been discussed at length but to save me the trouble of trawling through the posts can anyone tell me if Spanish gas bottles have the same size fittings etc as French ones which I do know to be different from our English. Thanks in advance.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
The fittings can be easily bought at a Chinese or Ferreteria shop in Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Even Calor do not have the same fitting in the UK to those in Ireland. Each country and maker can be different. Flogas and Calor use slightly different clip on regulator diameters.

The little 4.5kg Calor UK Butane is the same fitting as the German and Calor Ireland screw on regulators.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
However,???
If your 'van has a built in Regulator, you can use a UK Left hand threaded pigtail, as used on 4.5kg calor butane bottles, and the same pigtail as the one that is used as the basis for the 'Clip on' connectors for 6kg bottles in the UK, to enable you to connect a 10kgs french bottle (butane or propane) from Intermarche (beige bottle).
The same pigtail connects to a Spanish adaptor already mentioned as being available from Chinese Bazaar shops or Spanish ironmongers,(Ferreteria's)

OP
OP
Clever Claire
Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
Okay... this sounds interesting. We have a French van and carry two French 13kilo propane bottles. Would I be correct in think that the Spanish adapter will connect our French regulator to a Spanish bottle. Sorry if I'm being dim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
This is the Spanish adapter I have,it has a 21.8mm l/h thread for the hose connection.
Broken Link Removed

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back