pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi, given up on the avatar, serious question now, we plan to do a lot of wild camping so are re fillable bottles the wise choice, Heating and cooking are much more important in our van than tv, luxuries etc, as we will be away weekends when we can even in winter, what would the cost be approx.? nade , steve, bon bon and barney.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
or use 19kg flogas bottles they are cheap.
try a google gas deals direct. saves the outlay .

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I would say yes very worth it in your case, and if you have the space under your van for a chassis tank then you will then free up your gas locker for other crap:D

If you are into diy then I'd say you should be able to fit one yourself for about £400 but if fitted by a pro then add £200-£300 to that(y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Thanks for the help, we are picking up our van this Saturday although it seems we bought it years ago as the wait is torture, I will ring autogas 2000 for help, this website is great and we are glad we joined, all the best nade and steve.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Whichever system you go for get the largest bottles that will fit in your gas locker - or as posted above have a tank fitted. It irks me that I can only fit in 2 x 6kg bottles.:sick:

Upvote 0

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
go on the gas it web site for a dual bottle system and you wont get better on price, also I've done a lot of wilding in the last 18mths and the two things I did when I got my van was get the gas it system and a solar panel never needed to be on a site since.
dave

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back