Gas Bottles Portuga Spain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Masman, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Masman

Masman Funster

Hear goes.We are thinking of traveling down to Portugal or spain Feb /March time for around a month .we have travelled around France so have all different Hook up Cables etc.I have a 13kg & 7.5kg calor propane Calor.we will mainly stop on sites but van heating is gas only.we have a small fan heater as back up.The question is .is it worth getting a continental gas bottle when we get there.We also have a Camping gaz bottle which we use for cooking on barbeque when weather is good.Any tips etc would be appreciated.:Smile:

2. ukbill

ukbill Funster

there is a gas station that will refill your bottles so doubt u will need a continental 1 i will search send u the cords for it

3. ukbill

ukbill Funster

sorry i cant find the coord for it i know its near loule and on the n125 hopefully
    mel (heyupluv) will see this and still have the cords for it

4. ukbill

ukbill Funster

Directions: heading west along the N125, take the SECOND turning right for "Boliqueime" (also signposted for "Pederne", and with a small "GPL" sign too), and the gas station is 100 metres up that road. Plenty of room to park/turn round on his forecourt.
    Satnav: N37'07.688 W8'09.556

• Like Like x 2
  5. dotsontour

dotsontour Funster

Gas in Portugal

Last year in Portugal we were down to fumes with our calor gas, thanks to the good people on this site who read my plea I was sent to the GPL station mentioned in the other posts . He refilled two calor bottles for me no problem . He had a adaptor for calor filled to 80 % no fuss no drama . So from my experience alone I would not get a foreign bottle .
    JJ and others gave me the lowdown on the GPL station. I have now gone to Alugas so I hope no more worries
    Relax and enjoy the trip June and Dave

• Like Like x 1
  6. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i have never found 1 to do the same in spain as in portugal

7. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

gaslow system takes away all the worry expensive but worth the out lay I have never had to worry where to get gas from installing it
    there is also gasit system both are good systems
    both very essay to install and then you don't have to worry abut getting gas
    bill

8. ukbill

ukbill Funster

yes i agree its something i will have done maybe at the next rally Peterborough i reckon i keep meaning to do it but always leave it

9. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

I don't see where the poster asked for advice in filling up a gas bottle from a particular garage in Portugal so I will try and provide an answer.
    It depends when and where you are going, if it is more in March than Feb and you are in the southern parts then you should be okay as you are only going for a month so your fan heater will be fine for heating.
    If you are going in Feb. then you may struggle but if you are staying on sites then just use a larger fan heater. There is no point in buying a Spanish gas bottle unless you are there for a few months.

Mike