Gas bottles in a Hymer b680 (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Hello everyone , Have just bought a 2000 hymer b680 , really pleased with it so far.
It came with 2 6kg calor bottles one empty.
I am planning to get a gaslow set up later in the year but in the meantime was wondering if i could replace the empty 6kg calor bottle for a 13kg calor .
My question is, does anyone know if a 6 and 13 kg will fit in the gas locker.
Have looked up measurements and think it would fit just about.
I cant get the van anywhere near the gas supplier who will swap a 6 for a 13 to check.
Thanks for any advise .

Steve .

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Look up AUTO Gas 2000 at Ripon who do Aluminium bottles which only weigh half as much as Gaslow they are a Great friendly firm who did a good job fitting me 2x11 kg Ali ones in January you can even overnight in their yard before or after fitting.
They also give a funsters Discount.
Cliff

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have a B630 which, I think, has the same locker. I have 2 x 11 kg Gaslow bottles which just fit in so I would think the 13 kg Calor might be difficult. Check the combination of height to the shoulder of the bottle and diameter. If your locker is the same as mine, the rear wall slopes at the top and narrows towards the outside. If the shoulder of the 13 kg bottle comes too far up the slope, the bottle will be forced outwards and may prevent the bottom steel flap from closing in the upright position.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
@wigster
Hi Steve,
I've just sold my B680 but as I only used Calorlite cylinders I can't answer your question.
However, I sold the vehicle through Premier Motorhomes, who are close to where you are based. The new owner has had Premier convert it to Gaslow, so if you decide to go down that route in the future you can get a good job done locally.
Stef.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I carry a 13kg, 6kg propane, it is a tight fit but it does work....

OP
OP
wigster
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Many thanks for all the advice this morning :)
I managed to get a 13kg and a 6kg into gas locker. As moho says it is tight but not putting any strain anywhere .
Thanks again.
Steve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back