Gas Bottle

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by pegleg, Oct 25, 2013.

1. pegleg

pegleg

Hi just wondered ,Ive 2 got 6 kg propane metal heavy ones ,and I nearly change them to the new light weight ones but the place I was getting them from said I would be better staying the heavy ones for safety ,cheers :thumb: any answer pleased on this matter

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Don't know about safety but the Calor Lite bottles are dearer - every time.

3. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

All gas bottles are safe to use otherwise they would not make them????? I have the Alugas bottles 2 x 11kg and are as safe as any other bottle (German made) but are as light as a feather almost unbelievable how light they are, you can actually lift them with 1 finger when empty but very strong, good to use with the outside LPG filling system and LPG can be found in most countries now so so easy, but expensive to start with but very worthwhile, never have to lug another gas bottle in or out of locker, just fill up at any LPG pump that you find in gge's. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 2
  4. Phill D

Phill D

total rubish no issue with safety. but as said above the light bottles are around £2 dearer each refil. but the bottle is half the weight so you would save approx 9kgs in weight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Yes, it irks me that having been told that the Calor Lite bottles would be replacing the standard ones I am now paying quite a bit more each time I refil the Lite cylinder than when I replace my other one but just for the same amount of gas! :Doh:

Wyn

• Like Like x 1
  6. frogijock

frogijock Funster

Why are Calor lite bottles dearer to fill than the normal Calor ones?

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

someone has to pay for research, design and manufacture and what easier way than increase the cost of exchanging.

another money making scam by Calor when you consider the initial, slightly higher, cost of manufacture verses the profit of ongoing refills at £2 extra for years to come.

8. vwalan

vwalan Funster

dont cost anymore to refill them though .
    you can see the level on some . ha ha .

9. pegleg

pegleg

Thanks

Cheers for the replay about the safety ,has next time Ill change for the litter ones got to watch the weight nowadays cos ive got extra weight:Sad: lol:Rofl1:

10. Merle

Merle Funster

The truth may have been that the dealer you went to didn't have any lights, they have been in very short supply this year to the extent that I was told Calor stopped dealers exchanging heavies for lights through the summer and also 13kg for lights. Maybe your dealer didn't want to lose a sale especially as for some the small bottle season is over, it's all 13 KG for domestic heater use through the winter

• Like Like x 1