Gas bottle for France and Spain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mustaphapint, Feb 2, 2016.

1. mustaphapint

mustaphapint Funster

Are there any gas bottle suppliers which can be found in both France and Spain? At the moment I have 2 UK bottles but I think they will both run out before our trip ends in March. so I've accepted we will have to buy another bottle, but I would rather buy one that can be exchanged in France or Spain if possible.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

None that I know of..

3. bigtree

bigtree Funster

Camping Gaz.

4. Humsafer

Humsafer Funster

Hi Paul
    sorry we missed you at Perpignan. You will have problems buying any refillable gas bottle in Spain without an address. Try the flee markets for a used one then swap for a full one , should get you home.
    I swapped my uk ones for "Safefill" top it up at UK garages, bought an adaptor and had no trouble in France. shouldn't be a problem in Spain with another adaptor. Beauty of them is you can see the level and top them up whenever you want. Search for them on line there is a lot to read.
    Fred

5. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

If it was me I would opt for a French one if I had to. That way at least you are able to cross border from any direction for nearest stockist.

When intending to cross the channel I swap our two Calor bottles for our two French ones. It works well for us.

Wyn

6. mustaphapint

mustaphapint Funster

Thanks for the replies. As it happens we only have about 10 days left of our 8 week trip and we haven't yet started our 2nd bottle so we don't need to buy a Spanish one. We did find some S/h Repsols on the market at Denia this morning if we had needed one. Refillable ones sound a great idea but not cheap to install. Now we know how long we can make one last (at least in a warm climate) I'm not so bothered.