May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
HI
Need advice about gas pressure for use of the gas external point (AutoTrail Dalawer), the BBQHI can work with LPG but with 30 mbar. What is the pressure that coming out of the external point?
Thanks

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Same as all your appliances fed from the regulator 30mb unless a very old van pre 2004 37mb
Your regulator will have the pressure marked on it

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I have a Autotrail Delaware and the BBQ i have runs ok from the external GAS point on LPG :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We plug our Cadac into the external point and all is well.
All at 30 mbar same as the rest of the vans supply.
Mitch.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thank you all.
I am in Netherland and they recommending to have a filter to reduce the amount of oil that is in th LPG before reaching the appliances (Fridge, Hob, oven, BBQ). Anybody know if there is a filter in the AutoTrail befor/after the regulator? Or will it be good to install one?

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Forget about the filter, oil in LPG is miniscule approx 1 litre of oil in over 1million litres of LPG.
You will have bigger things to worry about in this life.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You don't need the filter ... they like to 'worry' you that if you don't have one you'll have all sorts of problems - we've never had any in 7 years of using refillable gas cylinders.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have refillable gas bottles and fill them in petrol station so don't know how reliable the gas is.
Campinggas uk say that if using LPG will lose the warranty.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have refillable gas bottles and fill them in petrol station so don't know how reliable the gas is.
Well put it like this.......are the roads where you are clogged with broken down cars which run on forecourt LPG.
They are a lot more finicky than a regular gas system.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's what we do, have had an 11kg Gaslow refillable cylinder for 7 years, never had a problem with and of the equipment in our motorhomes.

Not sure exactly what you mean by this ... Campingaz don't sell user-refillable bottles - what is the warranty you're referring to, ie what equipment etc is it related to?

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
campingaz is the makers of the Party Grill 400 Stove.
Broken Link Removed
They said the using LPG Winn void their warranty.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Gaslow bottles have filters in them already, so any impurities would be filtered before the regulator. @Techno had used filters for an age and on inspection after some years didn't have any sign of oil debris. Someone else posted recently that the Gas-it refill point has a filter fitted to it, so again no impurities get to the bottle let alone the regulator. If you use the campingaz grill with either of the refillable systems there shouldn't be any snags.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Could it be that campingaz expect you to use their own cylinder which is mostly butane . Butane burns hotter than propane so running off autogas in uk will mean running on propane and bbq will not be so hot. Remember it is not designed for use in the van, so not designed for either gas at 30mbar which is what bulkhead regulator will supply. Their comment re warranty gets them out of claim this bbq is not hot enough! If running on propane at 30mbar. With a kettle it just takes longer but a bbq needs to be at correct hot temperature.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Gas-it refillable system with two 11kg bottles and NO problem with oil residue..
I think we have a filter on the fill point and each bottle has one.
Mitch.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
campingaz is the makers of the Party Grill 400 Stove.
Broken Link Removed
They said the using LPG Winn void their warranty.
Ah, I understand now - they're just covering themselves - I don't know how they would be able to tell if you were using LPG from a system which didn't have the 'filter' in it that they are referring to, however, as mentioned above there are filters in the systems somewhere (different places depending on which you have). If you feel happier then by all means put an extra filter in but I've never heard of anyone having problems running external equipment from a refillable system.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
from your link

• Fuel source: R904, R907, butane or propane cylinder
LPG is propane

Not exactly true Jim. Propane is LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) but so is Butane so LPG covers a multitude of gases although we rally only use two for Autogas, Butane and Propane.

To the OP, Campingaz are extracting the yellow wet stuff, their equipment is designed ti run on Butane or Propane, both are LPG. LPG is the blanket description for gaseous fuels derived from the petrochemical industry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquefied_petroleum_gas
D.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Not exactly true Jim.

Having spent the best part of my career with Amoco UK Oil, off shore production, and Shell UK at Shelllhaven refinery in Essex as an Instrument Technician, I know all about LPG Dave.. don't need wiki

I should have said LPG from a forecourt Autogas pump in the UK is propane.. that is what the OP was referring to when he was taking about refillable.. and what I was referring to .. As far as I am aware there are no LPG pumps that retail Butane gas to the public.. LPG at the pump is the same gas as sold in a red Propane bottle

Also aware that Autogas can also be a mix of Butane and Propane in other countries, .. but not in the UK.. there are however trace gases not worth mentioning..

except for medical, scientific and industrial calibration gasses, no gas is 100% pure..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back