Gas alarm identify

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by BryanM, Sep 8, 2015.

1. BryanM

BryanM Funster

Not the usual about gassing but our Laika is fitted with this alarm with a separate sensor near the floor. I have been on the website of the company who made it, Nereus Alarms, and tried phoning them but it only rings once and then goes unobtainable. It is not listed on their website and I just wondered if anyone has one of these and does it also detect smoke and carbon monoxide. I would suspect not but any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

I have found a few references to it from around 2006. It appears to be nothing more than a device to detect ether based anaesthetic gasses. So the quick answer appears to be no, it doesn't protect against smoke or CO.

3. BryanM

BryanM Funster

Yes that's what I had thought so will back it up with proper smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

Definitely, we have both. CO is a real worry considering you are cooking on a gas stove in a confined area, can't be too careful. The smoke alarm is a pain in the arse, however, Fire Angel do a 'Toast Safe' smoke detector, I've not tried one yet, but if ours goes off one more time at breakfast, I will be :D