Gas alarm identify (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2012
Belfast
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Not the usual about gassing but our Laika is fitted with this alarm with a separate sensor near the floor. I have been on the website of the company who made it, Nereus Alarms, and tried phoning them but it only rings once and then goes unobtainable. It is not listed on their website and I just wondered if anyone has one of these and does it also detect smoke and carbon monoxide. I would suspect not but any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 29

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I have found a few references to it from around 2006. It appears to be nothing more than a device to detect ether based anaesthetic gasses. So the quick answer appears to be no, it doesn't protect against smoke or CO.

OP
OP
BryanM
Mar 26, 2012
Belfast
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Yes that's what I had thought so will back it up with proper smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Yes that's what I had thought so will back it up with proper smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Thanks.
Definitely, we have both. CO is a real worry considering you are cooking on a gas stove in a confined area, can't be too careful. The smoke alarm is a pain in the arse, however, Fire Angel do a 'Toast Safe' smoke detector, I've not tried one yet, but if ours goes off one more time at breakfast, I will be :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back