Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
Have downloaded POI list and the loader and thought I had performed the correct route as I am not knowledgeable with computers, but despite finding a method that would load the folders containing the POI into the Nuvi memory the folders dont open automatically although there is an auto run facility inside the memory but do I have to do anything tricky with that?But I did try opening up 1 folder and selecting all the files split up into BMP and Csv or whatever and sending to the device direct without going through the loader and they are present on the root directory of the Garmin nuvi. If this works why do you need a loader and as they are split up i.e. opened up is this wrong? because I notice that the POI's it comes with are in a folder so it is frustrating to find no help on Garmin web pages that tell you how to do this properly - we arn't born with it are we? Any ideas out there as looking at other pages there are a lot of people who do more complicated things a simple POI list.:Sad:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Have downloaded POI list and the loader and thought I had performed the correct route as I am not knowledgeable with computers, but despite finding a method that would load the folders containing the POI into the Nuvi memory the folders dont open automatically although there is an auto run facility inside the memory but do I have to do anything tricky with that?But I did try opening up 1 folder and selecting all the files split up into BMP and Csv or whatever and sending to the device direct without going through the loader and they are present on the root directory of the Garmin nuvi. If this works why do you need a loader and as they are split up i.e. opened up is this wrong? because I notice that the POI's it comes with are in a folder so it is frustrating to find no help on Garmin web pages that tell you how to do this properly - we arn't born with it are we? Any ideas out there as looking at other pages there are a lot of people who do more complicated things a simple POI list.:Sad:

Hi,

Sorry I cannot help you myself as I have a Tom Tom, but I have found a forum here that may answer your questions.

Garmin POI Structure question | POI Factory

and Here.

Link Removed

This looks an interesting little application.
EasyGPS - FREE GPS Software for your Garmin, Magellan, or Lowrance GPS

Last edited:
OP
OP
dikyenfo

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
Thanks for that will take a look and see if I can do something right this week

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008

Hi

I use the Garmin POI loader, download at Link Removed.

Make sure that you have all your CSV and BMP files together in one folder since the loader only allows you to look in a single location (also, it will delete any previously loaded POIs so you'll need to have copies of those in the folder also).

The loader software is very simple to use -

1. After starting it up it will look for your Nuvi via USB.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions, take it to the folder where you've stored the POIs.
3. When you've done it all the POIs are listed on the Nuvi in 'My Locations' under 'Downloaded POI'

Hope that makes sense.

OP
OP
dikyenfo

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
Thanks for all the help I finally managed to get them on and also doenloaded other vehicle forms but you have to dig out the vehicle file on the root directory . Hopefully all will be well from now on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back