Garmin Nuvi battery life (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Speaking to the Garmin Help desk about the poor battery life on my Garmin, I was told that during use there is only a trickle charge going in which would not sustain long use when disconnected. He advised me to leave the Garmin connected in my van but when not following a route, to turn it off when it would get a full charge. Alternatively, connect it to a computer without doing anything else involving the programme. I tried this and the battery does have a reasonable life after all: it works.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you have a mains charger with an appropriate mini/micro USB cable (like the ones that come with phones, Kindles &c) you can also charge your sat nav that way to save using a USB socket on the PC. Just check first that the charger output isn't too high for the device but it should be OK as most are standard.

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
If you have a mains charger with an appropriate mini/micro USB cable (like the ones that come with phones, Kindles &c) you can also charge your sat nav that way to save using a USB socket on the PC. Just check first that the charger output isn't too high for the device but it should be OK as most are standard.
And if you're not on EHU, plenty of 12v to USB adapters available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back