Garmin Download Record? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Just re-installing the latest Europe maps after down-loading, and took a look at the estimated time to complete the installation. Then took another look, then worked out in real money what the numbers meant...

25155 hours

Is this a record or do you know differently?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We're 5 miles from our exchange and download times are always horrendous. My last map update from Garmin took about 17 hours. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
My broadband speed is snail pace and Garmin downloads always take about 4 hours :RollEyes:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
What I couldn't add as it would spoil a good (true) story is that the time estimated did drop after about 60 seconds, from the 25155 hours ( 2 years 9.5 months) to 31 minutes

How old are VeeVee.....it should be a good mapping set up you will have.. if you are still alive:Doh:..are you on your 1gb dongle allowance for the month

Last edited:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I tried to download the update, said not enough space to download, delete some files to make room. given that this is the first time I have updated since getting it, its a bit much. You would think there should be sufficient memory to get at least one update. I will get an SD card and see if it will load onto there, if not back to the old TomTom, I just got the Garmin for the lifetime maps

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
I tried to update my Garmin Dezl. after 28hrs still had not finished.

Rang garmin who suggested that it would not download over wireless and suggested that use cable from router to computer.

Did this and it took 1.5hrs.

My broadband varies between 6-8 mb!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I tried to download the update, said not enough space to download, delete some files to make room. given that this is the first time I have updated since getting it, its a bit much. You would think there should be sufficient memory to get at least one update. I will get an SD card and see if it will load onto there, if not back to the old TomTom, I just got the Garmin for the lifetime maps

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....And to think I nearly purchased the Garmin camper the dezl from the caravan and camping club with lifetime maps....I was so close because of the price about £100.00 cheaper than the TTcamper then I read the reviews...
Sorry I am not laughing really:RollEyes: ...I am just thinking how lucky I have been
Thank goodness I read all the reviews.....and Purchased the TOM TOM camper 1005 instead...a Brill bit of kit...
Now have the TomTom One Europe...The TomTom 1000...and Now the Tom Tom Camper 1005...all still working and Brill all three...my TomTom one Europe came back to life ???? after I purchased the camper 1005.....I would be lost without them:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky::winky: and I mean lost with out them I have chucked all my maps away:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just re-installing the latest Europe maps after down-loading, and took a look at the estimated time to complete the installation. Then took another look, then worked out in real money what the numbers meant...

25155 hours

Is this a record or do you know differently?

Should have got a TomTom veevee:winky::winky:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Should have got a TomTom Golly_J:winky::winky:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We're 5 miles from our exchange and download times are always horrendous. My last map update from Garmin took about 17 hours. :Sad:

Should have got a TomTom Rolf:winky::winky:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i didnt get lifetime updates with my garmin but recently it started saying the maps were out of date well it is about 7 years old.
i looked at replacing it but for the equivalent model it was close to £200.
then looked at updating and bought the update on an SD card from amazon for around £20.
plugged it in and selected the map in the settings and bingo all is well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back