Garmin camper for £139!! Aldi (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Any remaining Garmin campers at Aldi have been further reduced to £139!!!
They will ring other branches for you - very helpful.
Just cancelled our Amazon order of one for £244!! Can't believe it ;)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That's a heck of a bargain price. Fill your boots (y)

There were four in stock at Aldi Llandudno last week but still priced at £199.99. If they had dropped the price a week ago I'd have invested for resale :D

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
If anyone objects in the shop say it was sold at £139 at Aldi Sprowston Norwich

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
But the reductions are 'at the Managers discretion' not a national or local agreement or influenced by other stores.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Ah I didn't know that.
Strange because he dropped the price even though he knew we were coming for it.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
That's a result then. The reason I said that is because I tried it on for a reduction. Mind you, after trialing it for a week or so with my wagon, I'd have happily paid £299.00 which is the price from Garmin.
On reflection, my first sat Nav (and all the others are Garmin) was just under £400 with a discount voucher. Its a very small screen and if not connected to 12v system then there was no voice as the lead had the voice in not the sat nav.

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
If anyone objects in the shop say it was sold at £139 at Aldi Sprowston Norwich
Just been to my local aldi they were sold out but the manager very kindly phoned 2 other aldi stores which are 6 miles away 1 store had three left the other had none he checked the price for me after I showed him the quote from above he came back that they have been reduced to £149.99
Also it does have full European mapping

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
3 @ Aldi, Hampton, Peterborough today 13.35 Weds 11th for £139 if anyone who wants one is nearby.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
does it have free updates?
Yes, it's the LMT-D model. LMT stands for Lifetime Maps & Traffic (Lifetime means "you will receive map data updates when and as such updates are made available on Garmin.com during the useful life of 1 compatible Garmin product or as long as Garmin receives map data from a third party supplier, whichever is shorter. A product’s “useful life” means the period during which the product (a) has sufficient memory capacity and other required technical capabilities to utilize current map data and (b) is capable of operating as intended without major repairs. A product will be deemed to be out of service and its useful life to be ended if no updates have been downloaded for such product for a period of 24 months or more.").

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
Word of caution: I have a Garmin Camper and the size/weight functions (which i specifically brought it for) only work if the vehicle weight is set to over 3.5 Tonnes. Then it switches to "Lorry Mode" and reduces the speed warnings etc and takes you very long routes round.
Buying a standard Sat Nav and downloading campsite apps my be better.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Already have standard sat nav with campsite aps, it is the height part i am interested in.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Word of caution: I have a Garmin Camper and the size/weight functions (which i specifically brought it for) only work if the vehicle weight is set to over 3.5 Tonnes. Then it switches to "Lorry Mode" and reduces the speed warnings etc and takes you very long routes round.
Buying a standard Sat Nav and downloading campsite apps my be better.
To be fair, there is no 'lorry mode' on mine but because it accepts the weight/height/width of a lorry then I also use it for my lorry. There is no icon for a lorry but I chose the car & caravan and it works superbly. When I use my M/H then I alter the icon and weight/height/width and it also works superbly and mine is sub 3.5 tonnes.
The Aldi at Milnrow had 3 in but priced at £199.99 and not looking to reduce price and this particular Aldi is out of the way unlike the others I know.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Just a quick heads up for anybody who is in the Worcester area and missed out last time these were on offer.
New store opening 7 July in st johns Garmin camper 660 on special offer for opening £140

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
I got one of these last month in Sheffield for £99. Or I should say my friend bought it for me because round my area they were still selling them for £199. I phoned customer services who said that each store manager can set their own offers. That was when I asked my friend to buy it for me. I will be very wary about buying anything expensive from Aldi unless I have checked thoroughly that another stores aren't selling it more cheaply. If Aldi can still make a profit selling an item for £99 then they should be priced at that across all stores.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
I was given a little while ago the same Garmin as you have which our local Adli was offering for £139.99 last week.

I have been a Tomtom person up until now although the units have not been Camper or Truck devices and they have all worked fine for me with very few problems with the routing. I have to say I think there are Pro's and Con's for both. I think that the Garmin is better in its direction advice and search facilities. My only concern with it so far is the Mapping and Routing in comparison with the Tomtom's which does not make the following errors. The Tomtoms have better traffic info and I have had very few problems with the mapping .

I have reported 3 major concerns about the Garmin Campers mapping and routing in the area where I live which is 2 miles south of the A2 near Gravesend. I have got the latest mapping and software on the unit. The concerns are as follows.

If I ask it to set a route to say Margate then:-

In Car mode it directs me from where I live to the A2 via a single track road with 2 blind bends and which if there has been any heavy rain will be flooded too deep for a 4/4. It is a route nobody would normally contemplate taking and is not suggested by Tomtom.

In 3500kg Motorhome mode it takes you to the A2 by the obvious route but then asks me to turn West towards London and take an unnecessary detour of nearly 2 miles. The mapping does not know the new road layout at the A2 junction that has existed for 2 years. With the Mapping they have it should be obvious that you can cross the A2 and go round a roundabout the other side then join the A2 going East

Finally in 3500 kg Motorhome mode if you put in a route from Borough Green to Longfield it completely ignores the A227 but takes you on detours either by the M25 or via Snodland both of which involve 10 miles plus extra. Interestly if you test it with a route from Meopham Green to Longfield it is fine until it ignores the Left Turn onto the B255 towards Longfield but asks you to take a turn 20 metres after it and drive along the narrow road in front of a row of shops then turn right out of the little lane and then turn right into the turning it ignored in the first place. The road in front of the shops is not wide enough for a Motorhome if there are any cars parked there.

So as you can see my only reservation is the mapping and routing on the basis of if thats what it does where I live what will happen elsewhere.

On the only long journey I have taken it was fine.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
...If Aldi can still make a profit selling an item for £99 then they should be priced at that across all stores.
Who says Aldi Sheffield is making a profit at that price o_O ?
It might just be that Store manager minimizing his losses by getting something back.
Anyway, I thought the Aldi special offer price was £179.99 all those weeks (months?) ago, not £199.
Are we sure we're talking about the same unit?

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Who says Aldi Sheffield is making a profit at that price o_O ?
It might just be that Store manager minimizing his losses by getting something back.
Anyway, I thought the Aldi special offer price was £179.99 all those weeks (months?) ago, not £199.
Are we sure we're talking about the same unit?

image.png and yes it was £199

The point is all Aldi stores are owned by one company and should have the same offer prices. Why discriminate against me because I don't live in Sheffield?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
View attachment 113112 and yes it was £199

The point is all Aldi stores are owned by one company and should have the same offer prices. Why discriminate against me because I don't live in Sheffield?
I found the same thing it is a managers special price to clear in some stores lower than others I suspect its a matter of making less of a loss than a profit!!!. None that cheap in Leicester

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
None in West Yorkshire less than 199 that i can find been to loads of stores on my travels bradford, halifax, Leeds, elland, Huddersfield

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The MOST annoying thing about Garmin, is the damn thing WILL NOT give the Miles to run!. Yes it gives "ETA", which is OK (ish) but I like to know first hand what is the remaining distance!!. Also has (IMV) and over-complex set-up procedure, requiring imputing Every Via after the previous one has been logged.

In fact anyone want a 760 camper?!!!. I`ve just bought a Map book!.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back