Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Morning all, the above is a recent addition to the GARMIN Camper range, has anyone out there got one and if so are you happy with it.

Thanks Barrie

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
No but it looks a very interesting one, probably why they sold off the the old stock ones in Adi. The 760 appears now to be the top of the range with the 660 next in line. Just had a look for youtube revues but nothing yet, I supposes its too new.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Middy42

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
I am trying to find out if it has AIRES &STELPLATZ LOADED.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
If any one wants an entry level sat nav we bought one for £99 last week.

it has traffic updates via the radio and lifetime UK and western europe map updates.

In addition you can programme the length, height, width and weight of the motorhome in to avoid unsuitable routes (not mentioned in the info so an added bonus when we realised this function).

Bought from Tesco it is a MIO spirit 4950.

Jen

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Our local Aldi is still displaying the 760 Camper with a price of £180 this morning. Might be worthwhile investigating with your local store (they will transfer between stores - well they did with a TV from Oban for me) if you're considering the 660 Camper which seems to retail at around £270 - £300 and is 6" as opposed to 7" screen of the 760.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Bought a 760-LMT-D in a Cardiff Aldi
for £150.

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
I had a 760lmt but took it back after 3 weeks in France despite all maps updated before going and being programmed for motorhome and no unpaved roads took me through roads barely wide enough for mh , it totally ignored the motorhome dimension settings which was the main reason for purchasing

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Personally I think all these so called truck/camper sat navs are a con.
It can only use the input sizes if the roads are designated which a hell of a lot aren't especially on the continent.
We've trialled 2 a ridiculously expensive Snooper and a Chinese cheapo as recommended on here by others. There was absolutely no difference between them one was no better than the other the only difference was the price which was several hundred pounds.
Both were returned and a full refund given the Snooper because for the price it was a rip off and no better than a off the shelf £99.00 basic sat nav. The Chinese cheapo because it had a catastrophic failure (its words) twice, the original and the replacement. To be fair if the Chinese one had worked it would have been good value for money even though the truck/camper element is extremely limited.
We now have Co Pilot on our Samsung (could be on a tablet) got it on special offer worldwide £26.00. It's brilliant better than any sat nav, has a camper/truck setting if that's your thing plus loads more options than even the most expensive sat nav.
Would be great on a Hudl for the bigger screen with all our the music as well may get around to doing it sometime as plenty of cheap Hudls about.(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back