Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
I am looking at these two with a view to purchase. Just wondered what experiences people have had with either. As far as I can see the only difference is that with the LMT you get free lifetime maps whereas with the LT you dont or am I off beam there?

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
Looks good but!!

I am looking at these two with a view to purchase. Just wondered what experiences people have had with either. As far as I can see the only difference is that with the LMT you get free lifetime maps whereas with the LT you dont or am I off beam there?

As I read the Garmin website it only comes with maps for the good old US of A:Sad:

I Take that back I got it wrong!!!!!!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
The way I see it is LMT is lifetime maps and traffic, LT is lifetime traffic only.
Prices vary but do the research. I bought my Garmin in Comet's dying hours so picked up a bargain. Not a 560 but worth a bit extra for lifetime maps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
The way I see it is LMT is lifetime maps and traffic, LT is lifetime traffic only.
Prices vary but do the research. I bought my Garmin in Comet's dying hours so picked up a bargain. Not a 560 but worth a bit extra for lifetime maps.

How do you find the Garmin?

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
How do you find the Garmin?

I have always had Garmin. My first was as in the picture. Small screen, brown on orange and A roads and motorways in red, it did allow for various modes of transport. It didn't support postcodes but required the user to enter the address letter by letter! I still use in my hobby as I require OS map references and it will display map references as well as Lat/Long.

My current one cost me £103.99 in Comet's dying hours. It is the Garmin Nuvi 2545LM. It has a 5" screen, Western Europe and Lifetime maps. I didn't want to subscribe to traffic updates!
It acccepts Postcodes and Lat/Long co-ordinates.
It does all the usual things and in my opinion is simple to use. It does though only support vehicle or legs as transport, but then I never leave my eyes and brain at home and rely on the sat-nav. I usually choose the route from a detailed map and set the route I want the sat-nav to follow.
But you pays yer money and makes your choice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Garmin.jpg
    Garmin.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread