Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Can anyone help me out on this one. Just got myself a Garmin. I have no problem following instructions as to how to work it. One little thing. I can't see the options how I can set the route over N or D roads in Europe. Example: I am at Calais and I want to go to Madrid. I type in my destination and it works it all out for me. Question is, how can I tell it I want the N roads and not the Highways. Perhaps there is someone who can advice me. Thanks.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Can anyone help me out on this one. Just got myself a Garmin. I have no problem following instructions as to how to work it. One little thing. I can't see the options how I can set the route over N or D roads in Europe. Example: I am at Calais and I want to go to Madrid. I type in my destination and it works it all out for me. Question is, how can I tell it I want the N roads and not the Highways. Perhaps there is someone who can advice me. Thanks.

Hi not sure if this will help but if yo go into settings then navigation click on avoidances you can avoid major roads toll roads etc.Also in the same menu go to route preference and select faster or shorter distance.

Randonneur

Free Member
Mar 31, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
4 years

I don't think that there is any way to distinguish between N and D roads on any Satnav. You can usually choose NOT to use Pay Tolls. Here in France N roads are not roads that you pay for these are the A roads and even some of them are not tolls.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back