Gambler or just stupid?? A newbies start to MH'ing (1 Viewer)

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
My wife and I have just bought a MH but get this....
- We have never seen it,
- It is in Spain at the moment,
- And it was a "bargain"!!!

Now either we will have pie in our faces when everything goes wrong (like they send us a matchbox van :RollEyes:) or we will have a great start to our new adventures as MH functors!!!:Cool:

I am doing everything through Ebay, so at least we have a little bit of a fall back (although how far that would go we will (hopefully NOT) have to see!):winky:

Now the bonus is that we have a copy of his passport (IF it is his:Confused:) but the saving grace is that once we receive the delivery we have 7 days to check it out etc.. and if we are not happy then we send it back- if we are happy then we release the money through Ebay.:pray:

Well, we will inform you all on the 12 May when it is supposed to arrive (a day after we get back from South Africa). All fingers crossed that this will be a GOOD start to having fun!!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you see this ad on EBay again then let me know or else I will post the email address from EBay who look into scams etc
WILL DO :thumb: Did you get your money back ? sorry if you have already answered but I don't fancy reading all 120 plus answers again ::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If its CHEAP there is a reason, got a problem or its a scam, end of story wherever you go.

Never pay by Western Union or other money transfer, your money will be gone forever.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
Luckily there was nothing done with money, he had all the official looking EBay reply and money stuff but it turns out to be all fake. I have sent it all to EBay and they have confirmed the scam. If anyone wants to see the emails then I can forward (obviously slightly edited- funny how careful you get after getting nearly caught out :winky:). I had sent him a final email thanking him that he reminded me of how much scum was around and that I will keep his bank details, Ip address etc until I have chilled out- I haven't heard back from him :ROFLMAO:

I have never been scammed before but since I was so new to motorhomes I saw stars :Doh: back On track now :Cool:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
Still on hols but thought I would send this on! If anyone ever has a bad feeling about something on EBay you can send it to;

spoof@ebay.com

They replied within 24 hrs and confirmed that it was fake. Also customer support acknowledged everything and gave me the contact stuff for police (posted previously) and will also talk to police if I wish.

Upvote 0

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::whatthe::whatthe:

Fingers crossed for you!:Sad: Hope we're all proved wrong.

Like terry above, haven't gone through all 12 pages of replies and have only just noticed the thread on here. Without reading back through everything, did you pay a deposit? How did you pay it if you did? Were Paypal involved? Transactions through Paypal always favour the purchaser over the seller (from past experience).
Anyway, hope this work out in the end for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
Well Ginny and I had a great time in South Africa and as I had 2 days left of my holiday we started looking at motorhomes (from a dealer ;) ). I have not as yet heard anything from "Brian" so I suppose that will be the end of that chapter (for now hahaha)

Thanks for all the support and I hope this thread was useful to other funsters who are looking for their first MH

:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back