Free Member
Aug 30, 2013
Wemyss Bay, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift 530LP Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
Hi All, My wife and I are planning and overnight stay at Galloway forest. Any suggestions or recommendations on the best place to stay would be appreciated...As newbies to both the site and the fantastic world of the motorhome we'd be grateful for any comments or advice ::bigsmile:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
If I'm going anywhere I'm not familiar with, I go on Google earth and check out any sleepyspots.:thumb:

OP
OP
gogofunguy

gogofunguy

Free Member
Aug 30, 2013
Wemyss Bay, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift 530LP Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
Many thanks, We'll have a quick look as you suggest and head off...appreciated the advice :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Cree forest just North of Newton Stewart, we have stayed overnight at the RSPB car park by the river.............it's lovely and quiet there :thumb:

Or go the far end of the road in Glen Trool (about 3 miles past the visitor centre and stay in the car park at the top :thumb:

Enjoy :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi don't know if this will be to late, if your coming from the east along the A75 turn off for Loch Ken and then turn left over the bridge for new Galloway. This road will take you past clatteringshaws visitor center where you can park up or just keep driving along you will see a few places, like the red deer center they have a secluded car park at the bottom also agree with the previous suggestions.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
If you want a site try castle cary on the A75 about 1 mile from creetown and 7 miles from newton stewart.
Lairds Inn restaurant/bar on site - great food.
We were there last month, very near to the Galloway forest.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Passing Clattering Shoes loch on you left is the Raiders Road drive in a short way there are pull ins alternatively further on is the wild goat car park very popular wilding spot, another close by is a small hidden car park on left 400 metres before goat car park, secluded and off the road. There are numerous hardened roads into the forests also favoured wilding spots.

Its a beautiful area overlooked by many. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
If your a CC member there's a superb CL on the edge of the forest a mile from New Galloway called the Brough its in the CC guide book. Stunning location very friendly owners a particular favourite of ours phone first it can be full. ( £12 per night with ehu no charges for kids or dogs)

Last edited:
OP
OP
gogofunguy

gogofunguy

Free Member
Aug 30, 2013
Wemyss Bay, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift 530LP Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks to all...had a great stopover at a small car park next to the Alexander Murray monument. Icing on the cake was the staging of the Environmental Art Festival in the area so loads to do above the norm...Great place and will go back to check out those places folks have recommended for sure...big thanks again to those who took the time to post ::bigsmile: ...John & Pam.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back