Gallivanting in the Garden........ (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
No but I'm sure we have some things Old mother Shipton and her putrefied toys springs to mind . She turns things to stone!!
Not religious just witchy I think!!
Seen the same sort of thing in France - witchy will do me fine! :xThumb:

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well what a beautiful day it's been. We went back into Rye to see if we could replicate last night's 'wink' but the sun was streaming in through the church windows and all I got was this.....
IMG_3128.JPG

With both eyes open and definitely no winking......

Well, that's my relic hunting finished for this year, but what a high to end on!!! We wandered back down Mermaid Street, which is very pretty...
IMG_3120.JPG

With lots of cute houses with original names....
IMG_3121.JPG

The house opposite what?
IMG_3123.JPG

The Mermaid Inn of course!
IMG_3125.JPG

After stumbling back down the cobbles we wandered into the brocante shops on the Quay, but nothing caught my eye and so we moved on to Bexhill and parked up on the sea front..... Right by this cafe...

IMG_3137.JPG

I have had the ear worm all day...... :xangry: Apparently the band members grew up in Bexhill and Battle.... (Wonder if they managed to get in to see where Harold was clubbed......)

We wandered down to the pavilion in beautiful sunshine...
IMG_3141.JPG

Before going back to the van for a brunch beside the sea,
IMG_3145.PNG

We're heading home tomorrow but have had a brilliant week wandering through the Garden of England - and will be back!

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well what a week it's been - Wandering around the beautiful city of Canterbury, window shopping in Whitstable, traversing a desert, (and rewarding ourselves with the BEST fish and chips at the Pilot Inn), immersing ourselves in all things Dickensian in Broadstairs, calling in to visit the site of Harold's 'workaday clubbing about the head' and finding it closed.... :mad: , an old church on the Marsh, which we unlocked ourselves, the lovely town of Rye with the Church of St Margarets and Veronica's Hankie.... :Eeek: standing in front of the Sovereign Light Cafe in Bexhill on Sea, (oh bugger - the ear worm again..... :doh: ) and all the things I've forgotten - a wonderful week in the beautiful counties of Kent and Sussex.

The van, as usual performed faultlessly and we had a blast! :xsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Give that girl an orange! Although the absolutely correct answer would be that yes the washing is badly put out - but it is still there when the storm has been raging for at least two hours - and it's still there!
But look at it from his point of view. Why would you take it in if it's wet & you've nowhere to dry it ?:unsure:
You have only got to put it out again when it stops raining so why not just leave it there ?:xThumb:
I do.x:-)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back