camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
i recently took the plunge and bought one of these.So far its briliant and i am most chuffed!
2 little njggles
the sound intermittently drops for a split second when using headphones.
i put a protective screen on it and randomly it seems it misses letters i input or requires many clicks to open a link.
any ideas?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the sound intermittently drops for a split second when using headphones.
i put a protective screen on it
any ideas?

Then take it off. I think you'll find the screen is Gorilla Glass ( most good ones are now ) that can't be scratched with a file ( but don't try ).

Sound could be some background task you ( or it ) has got running.

As you say, brilliant [STRIKE]toys[/STRIKE] tools are they.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhC7TLaflWk"]Gorilla Glass scratch test - YouTube[/ame]

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I have a protective screen on mine. on portrait I find the keypad a bit fiddly, but if u turn it landscape key pad opens up with bigger keys and is much better. Alternatively u can buy a touch pen which has a kind of rubber absorber on the end and makes life a bit easier.
But best bit and only if you have unlimited internet minutes, is using phone as a modem and you can use laptops or Ipods anywhere you can get a phone signal, so google maps anywhere almost makes tomtom extinct.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
there has been a debate raging on whether the GN1 has gorilla or lotus glass (specifically for OLED screens) - both manufactured a joint venture between samsung and Corning - or something else

either way id keep the screen cover on - but be picky with which ones you use. Some reduce the touch senitivity of the screen, but you weigh that up against the £200+ cost of a new screen if you knacker it!!

PS...Gorilla glass is stratch resitant not scratch proof - learnt that the hardway!!:Angry: and there are (aparently) different levels of hardness with this glass too and depends on the thickness etc etc etc

Sound wise - does this happen when using the andorid music player? if so, try a diffrent one from the market place, the android one can be a bit buggie

Ive had mine for about 8 months now...and quite frankly would only change it for the Note 2 now - no going back to a phone when phablets do it all :thumb:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Then take it off. I think you'll find the screen is Gorilla Glass ( most good ones are now ) that can't be scratched with a file ( but don't try ).

Gorilla Glass scratch test - YouTube

Quite fascinating Brian, Good commentary too, i didn't realise that you didn't have a Manchester acccent he he !,

Ken Beerdrinker :thumb: :drink:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Just have to say - had mine since March and LOVE it :thumb:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
If anyone is selling a Samsung Galaxy Note I may be interested ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
C

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
[HI][/HI]

i think i might bea donkey. you made me think i might have been brushing the screen slightly and fhat was causing it to pause or jump.
It is a great toy. I"m not sure Ineed a life any more!

OP
OP
C

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
[HI][/HI]

i think i might bea donkey. you made me think i might have been brushing the screen slightly and fhat was causing it to pause or jump.
It is a great toy. I"m not sure Ineed a life any more!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back