Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Last year, ffi and I overwintered in Calpe for the first time. We had to base ourselves there because, as it was our first time down there, my folks (who live there) would have gone berserk if we'd gone anywhere else!:ROFLMAO:

We stayed on La Merced for 3 months and to be fair, it was a fantastic experience but........ similar to the "Is it me or is much of Spain scruffy" thread, I must admit that we came back somewhat disapointed with the coast of the Costa Blanca and its campsites.
For us, loving CL's/small sites, La Merced was just about as good as it got!:Sad:
We went out in the Nav' as far North as Los Pinos at Denia and as far south as Mazzaron, checking out every site we could possibly find along the coast (about 30 odd) and ALL seemed to be busy, packed in tight and pricey?
We got the impression that the Costa Blanca just isn't for us.

Is it worth going further south on the Med coast or will it just be more of the same?

I've just been looking (again!:Doh:) at Pinar San Joses web site and although it looks a lot more like what we like, the weather there worries me?

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
I've just been looking (again!:Doh:) at Pinar San Joses web site and although it looks a lot more like what we like, the weather there worries me?

Why ??? do you not like sunshine?

We stayed there last year Nov until April, 3 days rain was all we had.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Why ??? do you not like sunshine?

We stayed there last year Nov until April, 3 days rain was all we had.

I must admit that that's a lot better than I thought. Reading past postings, I was getting the impression that you really take a chance with the weather down there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Last year was better than some, ::bigsmile: but we have found that its not always better weather going as far south as possible, you have the atlantic to contend with. :Doh:

The thing you have to consider is a lot of sites in hot countries have lots of shade, and the last thing you want in winter is to be sat under a tree. :ROFLMAO:

Still it is winter and if you get in the sun, and preferably out of the wind, its really quite nice. :thumb: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
When we overwintered in Spain last year we also stayed in the Benidorm area. The reason being the weather. We were advised that from here south the weather does not get much warmer in the winter, maybe a degree or two at best. However, it does get a lot wetter because of the Atlantic weather systems bringing in rain. The Benidorm area (Murcia) have the least rain in the whole of Spain during winter. Perhaps that's why the campsites are crowded.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back