Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Moving on a little was going for “The Village of the Martyrs” at
Oradour -sur-Glane ,can never see this too much without wondering why ,
But as tomorrow is Bastille day so all of France is Shut.
Decided to go instead to the old campsite at Saint-Laurent-sur-Gore 4 other motorhome`s 5 now Pete’s caught up again good toilets ,showers and Electricity, all inclusive 6e a night and a choice of 5 Fon spots free WiFi
English couple been here for 10 months so guess no limit on length of stay.
Chap who comes around to collect the rent speaks good English if no French is spoken
Looks like another bottle and BBQ day or two
Bon Journeys all

Attachments

• IMG_20130713_180341.jpg
    IMG_20130713_180341.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20130713_180335.jpg
    IMG_20130713_180335.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20130713_180045.jpg
    IMG_20130713_180045.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 53

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, we were there a couple of weeks back. Couldn't help but wonder WHY?

If you need your spirits lifting after that I can thoroughly recommend Puy Du Fou. It's not far from Cholet. I am raving about it to everyone at the moment. You should allow more than one day to see it all.

Bon Route

http://www.puydufou.com/en/

Wyn

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Wyn, we are looking to pay a visit to Puy du Fou in September, is it advisable to book in advance or just pay on arrival.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Yes, we were there a couple of weeks back. Couldn't help but wonder WHY?

If you need your spirits lifting after that I can thoroughly recommend Puy Du Fou. It's not far from Cholet. I am raving about it to everyone at the moment. You should allow more than one day to see it all.

Bon Route

http://www.puydufou.com/en/

Wyn

Cheers for that but going over to the east and follow the river/canals Saone and the Marne à la Saône before heading for the ferry :cry:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
http://www.puydufou.com/en/practical-guide/calendar
It is easy enough to pay on entry, as we did, opting for a 2 day pass. That's not the most cost effective, however. Ideally if you can book 'in advance' you can take advantage of the discounts. In addition to the main parc events is a separate show - CINESCENIE - which really should not be missed so if you choose the option for tickets to that as well, you will get the best deal. (Cinescenie is only on Fri & Sat nights and is separate from the night concert on the lake so be sure to catch both on one ev ening or another)
Booking in advance can be done up to the previous evening so some careful planning is worthwhile.
The place to look for booking info is at the top of my reply (my pad insists on putting it there rather than where I want it but hey....)

If I can help with any further details please ask.

Wyn

Hi Wyn, we are looking to pay a visit to Puy du Fou in September, is it advisable to book in advance or just pay on arrival.

Brisey.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks for your reply Wyn, I may ask for further information once we have finalised our travel dates.:thumb:

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for your reply Wyn, I may ask for further information once we have finalised our travel dates.:thumb:

Brisey.

Feel free, I'm just blown away by what they have achieved. It's actually difficult to explain Puy Du Fou without giving away some of the surprises. I cannot imagine being better entertained anywhere. I seem to recall that Cinescenie has been described as the greatest show in the entire world - and that was by the Americans!

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back