Further details on stolen and subsequent recovery of Mazda Bongo (1 Viewer)

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
As previously posted the Mazda Bongo appeared to have been used in sheep rustling on the moors above Stannington, Sheffield. It also appears that other vehicles were stolen at the same time as the bongo, amongst which was a Range Rover and a Morris Minor. These were found at the scene of the crime the Morris Minor had parts which had fallen off it as a result of the off roading on the moors and was subsequently torched, the Range Rover was up to its axles in mud and abandoned, the only vehicle which they managed to get the sheep away in was the Bongo.

As previously said the Bongo was taken to the police compound for forensic investigations when the friend went on Monday they were told they couldn't have it back as these tests had not been done. She said that she just wanted to see if the performance sticks etc were still in the Bongo as these were need to enable the Boggarts (Morris dancers) to fulfil their engagements in the coming weeks. South Yorkshire police would not let them retrieve or even have a look to see if they were still there.

A video has been made and has gone on U tube showing what the Boggarts have fudge up to use instead of their beloved sticks. I don't know how to post the video but the link title is
Boggarts Breakfast and the Stolen Sticks
Boggart's Breakfast were bereft after the theft of the Boggart Bongo containing all their performance sticks. But all was not lost...
youtube.com

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
As previously posted the Mazda Bongo appeared to have been used in sheep rustling on the moors above Stannington, Sheffield. It also appears that other vehicles were stolen at the same time as the bongo, amongst which was a Range Rover and a Morris Minor. These were found at the scene of the crime the Morris Minor had parts which had fallen off it as a result of the off roading on the moors and was subsequently torched, the Range Rover was up to its axles in mud and abandoned, the only vehicle which they managed to get the sheep away in was the Bongo.

As previously said the Bongo was taken to the police compound for forensic investigations when the friend went on Monday they were told they couldn't have it back as these tests had not been done. She said that she just wanted to see if the performance sticks etc were still in the Bongo as these were need to enable the Boggarts (Morris dancers) to fulfil their engagements in the coming weeks. South Yorkshire police would not let them retrieve or even have a look to see if they were still there.

A video has been made and has gone on U tube showing what the Boggarts have fudge up to use instead of their beloved sticks. I don't know how to post the video but the link title is
Boggart's Breakfast were bereft after the theft of the Boggart Bongo containing all their performance sticks. But all was not lost...
youtube.com
I bet ISIS are quaking in their boots :Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I thought this was a send up till i watched the vid:eek:
How on earth will they cope, is there not any public funding available, what about an EU grant
can we start a fund raiser(y)
I have emailed the commissioner of Police demanding their sticks back
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Where do they live Sheila?? I have a load of broomsticks in my garage, they are welcome to...

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
My mother-in-upgraded her

youtube.com

I'm pleased that they have taken the plunge(r) and used alternatives to the sticks but that was one hell of a racket and there was something fishy about the whole thing.

Hope that the Bongo is not beyond repair.

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Viennese,

Have just spoken to my daughter and because these sticks take a lot of beating the wood has to be Blackthorn or Hazel that has been seasoned for at least 2 years, straight and a certain length and diameter, but thanks for the offer. Apparently other types of wood break too easily.

Sheila x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If the bongo was used to transport sheep I fear the interior will be trashed. And if the sheep found the sticks and started dancing...

But commiserations to the owner. Massive cleaning up job at the least.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back