Funsters Rally Spain/Portugal.. ? (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have just booked Dover-Calais ferry on 3 Jan and intend heading south. Our first trip abroad and no real idea where we will be headed. Chicken Run sounds good but we would be interested in any kind of meet, anywhere in Spain or Portugal, anytime before end of March.

Just remember, as it's your first trip, that France can be very cold, much colder than here. The warmest bit is usually the west coast.:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We seem to be having our own mini-meet here in Zahora - 12 Funster vans here at the moment with more expected in the next few weeks :Smile:

We are here and the weather is fantastic, and has been the same since Rôuen in France. Go for it we will enjoy to meet you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I am still harbouring thoughts about having a small, relaxed, not very organised meet at the end of March/early May but in Portugal... not necessarily in the Algarve.

However it seems to me that the vast majority of Funsters prefer the Costa Del Brits with it's English brekkies and warm beer over in Spain...

In the next couple of weeks I might know more...

JJ :Cool:

End of March....early May? Has April vanished in the meantime? Some MAYA side effect I guess::bigsmile:

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
We are also at Zahora weather great today::bigsmile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Pretty Please !!

For the benifit of new funsters who are posting about Spain and Portugal , could you let us all know the various prices and if Electric is extra !! Ta very much !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Wish we were there with you Keith, how long will you be staying?

Hi mike & Ginny, we will be here for about 6 weeks before we will be heading for Portugal. Are you planning a visit?

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi mike & Ginny, we will be here for about 6 weeks before we will be heading for Portugal. Are you planning a visit?

We should have been off on the 10th Jan but family problems have forced a rethink. Our son in law, of 10 days, fell off a roof in September and he has only come out of hospital this week. He still has a very long way to go before, hopefully, he will recover to the way he was.

Just proves you should live life to the full, you never know what is round the corner.

If we manage to get away I will email you to see where you are.

Have a wonderful Christmas and see you soon.

Ginny and Michael

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back