Funsters in USA

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Forestboy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Hi All
    Well we've had more problems to overcome, after the last lot we thought our luck must change but not so. We left Tampa to meet a friend from Kentucky on the Gulfcoast and spend a couple of days with him, which we did then left for Texas. In Houston we had a stone hit the screen and punch a nice little hole:cry: 30 miles past San Antonio I smelt oil burning:Doh: so checked into a campsite and tried to find the fault. Eventually I discovered oil on the front brake disc it turned out to be a wheel bearing oil seal, another night in a hotel waiting for parts.
    We hit the road again heading for the Mexican border by the Rio Grande river, an area of desert and mountains which is known as Big Bend National Park. A pretty uneventful trip until we got stopped by police looking for drugs and illegals, they let me keep Jan and sent us on our way:BigGrin: We spent 3 days touring the area which is quite amazing hot arid desert which was stunning as all the cactus were just starting to flower (see pics) and cool high mountains alive with wildlife, including mountain lion and black bear plus deer and jabeline(boar). Jabeline apparently have a taste for small dogs and are known to raid campsites and eat small dogs left outside the latest apparently being a poodle(not sure we believe the story though).
    On the way to New Mexico today home of Billy the Kid, Carlsbad Caverns and Roswell(alien) White Sands and Apache reservation.
    We intended to head for Arizona but the weather is quite bad further north so we're staying south bit longer.
    A few pics attached.
    See you soon.
    Rory & Jan Mobile RV repairers:Wink:

2. brianju

brianju Funster

Hi Ror & Jan

Despite all your problems (hope you don't have anymore) still sounds pretty fantastic !

Great pics :thumb:

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you both when you reach Roswell :Eeek::Eeek:

Brian & Julia

3. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Great to hear how it going guys:thumb:

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Hi ya Fellow Gaffer Tape member:Doh:
    Glad to see things are going to plan as usual:Wink:
    Sorry to hear your police stop plan didn't work, better luck with Immigration coming home:RollEyes:
    Keep smiling Ror you know it makes sense:cry::cry:
    keep safe and happy see you at Americana:thumb:
    Jan too if plan B fails:Eek!:
    Geo

5. RuthRv

RuthRv Read Only Funster

hi you 2 in spite of some hiccups (they say they keep you young) looks like another great adventure, enjoy the rest of your trip, see you soon.:BigGrin:

6. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Hi Rory and Jan,

keep us updated, love reading about it.

Ok rory, I tried the police stop to help you go it alone. What shall I try next? :Rofl1:

You guys have a great time now :Doh:

7. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

Looks fantastic you lucky people :thumb:

Boo