Funsters Housesitting For Free Pitch? (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Hmm Drive Sitters might solve our dog problem for 4 weeks July/August. Our cavalier's usual sitters are battling cancer at the moment, wife in and out of hospital, husband at the end of his tether. This a flight holiday so dog and motorhome stay at home but still room for a large van on the drive. EHU, water, manhole for black waste. Historic King's Lynn a ten minute walk via the ferry, Sandringham, Hunstanton and the joys of Norfolk on the doorstep, you know it makes sense. :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
No surprise there then, the girls outnumber the guys by around 5:3, not that I'm suggesting anything here you understand, him being just 16 and all.

You are still welcome to use this address in July, you just let me know and I will arrange the cars so that you have free access.
Better not tell him that as he finds large numbers of girls quite scary so might put him off! Don't think we really need to stay near Southampton (couple of hours from us) in July as his courses are supervised but just like the idea of staying in the New Forest (y). As we are going to Norden Farm, Bagwell as well as Bristol & Malvern plus volunteering & camping at a festival don't think we can justify another break as we have to get a lot of outside jobs to get done at home this summer :(. Really do appreciate your offer though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well I suspect that this thread may well turn in to a real Gentle Well Loved Giant (not a Monster).
if the dates coincide with mine then even better. August 6th-18th inclusive
We cannot cover these dates either as will be at Malvern & then Wrenbury.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Anyone fancy a city break in London?:)

From weekend of 18th July for 2/3 weeks (4th week covered) as we are going to Italy

this sounds a great idea as we could do with someone occasionally to cat sit for us (since we have been lumbered with our children's twin cats:coffee:)

so what can we offer: a secure hardstand at rear of property next to garage, can take a 7 metre van. will have to be able to back down access road as no turning when in. had no trouble with this when we had a CB. water and elec, on garage wall. Waste and dump will have to be caddied to manhole near house (we have a caddy) wifi

requirements: feed cats:LOL:, make sure cat doors locked at night and they are in as they are young.......They have a litter tray that they dont use much since started going out, that will need attending to occasionally. That's it really. we have auto feeders so free to do your own thing.

bus at end of the road to Brixton tube, 15 min walk across park - 20 mins Victoria or London bridge 25

Can use house facilities, relaxed about that. wifi may not reach end of garden unless you have aerial, but as you have access to house no problem. post code SW16 3JS

no smoking in house or dogs I'm afraid, van will have to be compliant as inside the M25. maybe a problem with older vans....

contact me if interested or have other questions

Eddie

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
This house sitting does sound like an excellent idea and we might be interested house sitting in our van in the future. Unfortunately we cannot ask for a housesitter because we cannot even park a car outside ours .

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The good thing about housesitting is that you can ask for somewhere to sit & pitch or offer a pitch in return for a housesitter but don't need to do both. Each time the agreement should benefit both parties as each gain want they want i.e. one gets a free pitch & the other gets someone around to keep an eye on their property, maybe cut the grass, look after animals or whatever your mutually agreed terms are. The main things needed are for those that are interested in either option to be linked (via Fun forum?) plus frank open communication which is something we are pretty good at on here :active: :) All sounds a bit officious but could be easy enough?!

Last edited:

maxine and jo

Free Member
Sep 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1980
i.e. one gets a free pitch & the other gets someone around to keep an eye on their property
WP_20150409_006.jpg will need somebody in November to feed cats!! pego alacante

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
another onerous task I forgot to include...They will need a brush now and then..particularly Fig the long haired one. They enjoy this:D

photo of when they arrived into our lives they are now 8 months

please note: they don't need taking out for walks!:coffee:

the boys....jpg

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
another onerous task I forgot to include...They will need a brush now and then..particularly Fig the long haired one. They enjoy this:D

photo of when they arrived into our lives they are now 8 months

please note: they don't need taking out for walks!:coffee:

View attachment 64275

Are you in the LEZ Eddie?

Just found the answer to my own question - you are in the LEZ so that's not an option for us.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Anyone fancy a city break in London?:)

From weekend of 18th July for 2/3 weeks (4th week covered) as we are going to Italy

this sounds a great idea as we could do with someone occasionally to cat sit for us (since we have been lumbered with our children's twin cats:coffee:)

so what can we offer: a secure hardstand at rear of property next to garage, can take a 7 metre van. will have to be able to back down access road as no turning when in. had no trouble with this when we had a CB. water and elec, on garage wall. Waste and dump will have to be caddied to manhole near house (we have a caddy) wifi

requirements: feed cats:LOL:, make sure cat doors locked at night and they are in as they are young.......They have a litter tray that they dont use much since started going out, that will need attending to occasionally. That's it really. we have auto feeders so free to do your own thing.

bus at end of the road to Brixton tube, 15 min walk across park - 20 mins Victoria or London bridge 25

Can use house facilities, relaxed about that. wifi may not reach end of garden unless you have aerial, but as you have access to house no problem. post code SW16 3JS

no smoking in house or dogs I'm afraid, van will have to be compliant as inside the M25. maybe a problem with older vans....

contact me if interested or have other questions

Eddie
Sounds great, but unfortunately we have three dogs. Would keep them out of house, but might bother the cats them being at end of garden. :(

Lin

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
inside the LEZ outside the charging zone

(dam & blast! I knew this would cause problems) can always stay in house without the van:D
But we have no where to put the van in the mean time, plus I can just see our Border Terrorist having a great time chasing those two kitty's around the house!! We could manage to keep them apart of we had the van there.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Really like this idea and may well be in need at some point as all offspring leaving home this year for uni/jobs etc and so dog sitting ( 1 dopey lab- see avatar and one mad jack Russell ) required. If our van isn't there, there is plenty of room, up to about 9metres with EHU, and wifi.would have to give house access for wc. Live on edge of Cotswolds, 30 minutes from Oxford, stow on the wold, bourton on the water, 40 minutes to Stratford. No dates yet

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We will be free agents later this year. My husband was trained as an engineer and is capable of fixing most things, he keeps our MH running, has built a Kit car form an assortment of bits, has fixed mowers, motorbikes, cars, electrics.
I was brought up with ponies, dogs, cats, rabbits etc., i've worked with most type of equestrian, reared Calves, trained my own gundog, even hand reared Partridge, which i was told can't be done!
We have a 6 mtr Hymer and a Jack Russell-not a yappy snappy type, we would need fresh water and a sewer manhole for the loo, we would probably be able to stay for as long as you need wherever you want?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
So we have possible housesitting pitches on offer in July/August in New Forest, Norfolk & London, November in Pego Alcante, Spain, possible pitch dates TBA in the Cotswolds then Devon next year - not a bad start (y)Also some very well experienced Funsters offering their services but don't know if any have made a match yet?!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
So we have possible housesitting pitches on offer in July/August in New Forest, Norfolk & London, November in Pego Alcante, Spain, possible pitch dates TBA in the Cotswolds then Devon next year - not a bad start (y)Also some very well experienced Funsters offering their services but don't know if any have made a match yet?!

nothing this end so far and clock ticking:)

if no offers come forward I guess I will have to drown them?:coffee:

:LOL:

laundry .jpg

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
nothing this end so far and clock ticking:)

if no offers come forward I guess I will have to drown them?:coffee:

:LOL:

View attachment 64634
Using emotional blackmail for self gain. :eek:

You should be inundated with offers from the animal lovers amongst the membership. :LOL:
I'm more of a dog fan myself, as they actually listen and interact with me...............so much better than some humans I've met in my time. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Using emotional blackmail for self gain. :eek:

You should be inundated with offers from the animal lovers amongst the membership. :LOL:
I'm more of a dog fan myself, as they actually listen and interact with me...............so much better than some humans I've met in my time. :LOL:

Cheers, Jock.

OMG..please dont tell me I have broken rule 24?:giggle:

defense is.... maybe its because i'm a Londoner?

This thread a fantastic idea I think but it needs a clever person to format it into some sort of list? maybe like the meets threads? where you have a general chat one and one with just list and details? just an idea....

Yes chock that's me and not Chris Evans:unsure:

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I cant believe you said that :LOL:

I love our boys, 2 bundles of mischief!......What probably sparked the comment was on LBC this morning a chap phoned in saying he killed a sick cat so that he could go on holiday and buried it in the garden? found he still had blood on his hands on way to airport..I kid you not!:coffee:

but we digress....

dappleduck

Free Member
May 14, 2015
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
toyota lightace
Exp
im a newbie
brilliant opportunity for someone...............hope you get sorted. if not it could be the cats home....................have a lovely time.....dappleduck

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have offered to cover the Alacante one, subject to confirmation of dates.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back