Funsters Gather at RW Weekend Meet (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes I have also uploaded some more pics , some similar ... but such a gret day how can you not duplicate this great day xx

Kath

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
Cheyne and I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and comments.
It was our first meet as organisers and we were a little nervous about it. For both of us it was a challenge working with parents and in-laws! At one point there were four generations of females from my family on the field from Great Gran to Princess Tank!... Cheyne does not stand a chance against us all!!!!
We are so pleased that the games were well received and it was interesting to see the competitive funster clutching their decorated potato! and later brandishing a cooking spoon loaded with water bomb! :thumb:
The sound of total surprise from the boys who came up prepared to play caveman and show how the javelin should be thrown to then be confronted with the funsters javelin and walk off muttering that is not a real javelin .... really? who would be daft enough to arm funsters within reach of alcohol with a long sharpened implement and tell them to throw it?:Blush:
Thanks to all who bought food to the table for the street party a wide variety of bits came out ... one minute nothing the next tables laden with food ... funsters do loaves and fishes .... well sausages, sausage rolls and apple crumble (Cheers Pamala) amongst other delights. Note hot sun and teacakes makes for messy grandchildren and the motorhome cushions do clean up quite well!!!!
Special thanks to Janine and Barrie (that's with two r's and an ie!!!) who valiantly ran masterclass in ukelele and spent two nights entertaining funsters a welcome addition to the event... unexpected but welcomed (you do know that you will never again be able to camp quietly!:thumb:)
The inaugaral pie rolling challenge was an event in its own right and the committee had to convene at least twice during to clarify the rules .... which were still unclarified at the end but JJ was in fine form and it did not matter unless you was robbed and did not win!!!!
The FOC (Funsters Olympic Committee) had to deal with cheating and tampering with the equipment provided but Cheyne ensured that his word was final ....!!!! and when that failed he just broke the javelin in question:thumb:
The wood collectors did a fine job foraging in the woods to keep the tent fires burning...
PeterH who could not be with us provided the rosettes which were given to winners and every child who took an active part in making the event.... alien potatoes! :Smile: Thank you Peter.
We hope that everyone had as good a time as it appeared they were and it was good to see people doing things they thought they were long past or could not do.... the look on the children's faces when the grown ups starting throwing water bombs at each other ... priceless!
We had a tiring time and Cheyne had to work as well .... but it was good to see so many friends old and new and we have already booked the site for a repeat do next year .... a wedding do again but not royalty ... just me and Cheyne so it will be hats on and fairy wings out!
Thanks all and see you same place, same time 2012 for the RW part deux .... :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Cheyne and I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and comments.
It was our first meet as organisers and we were a little nervous about it. For both of us it was a challenge working with parents and in-laws! At one point there were four generations of females from my family on the field from Great Gran to Princess Tank!... Cheyne does not stand a chance against us all!!!!
We are so pleased that the games were well received and it was interesting to see the competitive funster clutching their decorated potato! and later brandishing a cooking spoon loaded with water bomb! :thumb:
The sound of total surprise from the boys who came up prepared to play caveman and show how the javelin should be thrown to then be confronted with the funsters javelin and walk off muttering that is not a real javelin .... really? who would be daft enough to arm funsters within reach of alcohol with a long sharpened implement and tell them to throw it?:Blush:
Thanks to all who bought food to the table for the street party a wide variety of bits came out ... one minute nothing the next tables laden with food ... funsters do loaves and fishes .... well sausages, sausage rolls and apple crumble (Cheers Pamala) amongst other delights. Note hot sun and teacakes makes for messy grandchildren and the motorhome cushions do clean up quite well!!!!
Special thanks to Janine and Barrie (that's with two r's and an ie!!!) who valiantly ran masterclass in ukelele and spent two nights entertaining funsters a welcome addition to the event... unexpected but welcomed (you do know that you will never again be able to camp quietly!:thumb:)
The inaugaral pie rolling challenge was an event in its own right and the committee had to convene at least twice during to clarify the rules .... which were still unclarified at the end but JJ was in fine form and it did not matter unless you was robbed and did not win!!!!
The FOC (Funsters Olympic Committee) had to deal with cheating and tampering with the equipment provided but Cheyne ensured that his word was final ....!!!! and when that failed he just broke the javelin in question:thumb:
The wood collectors did a fine job foraging in the woods to keep the tent fires burning...
PeterH who could not be with us provided the rosettes which were given to winners and every child who took an active part in making the event.... alien potatoes! :Smile: Thank you Peter.
We hope that everyone had as good a time as it appeared they were and it was good to see people doing things they thought they were long past or could not do.... the look on the children's faces when the grown ups starting throwing water bombs at each other ... priceless!
We had a tiring time and Cheyne had to work as well .... but it was good to see so many friends old and new and we have already booked the site for a repeat do next year .... a wedding do again but not royalty ... just me and Cheyne so it will be hats on and fairy wings out!
Thanks all and see you same place, same time 2012 for the RW part deux .... :thumb:

Thankyou Both ..Lynne and Cheyne for all the preparation that you did for the R W / Olympic's that were held to celebrate the royal wedding :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back