Funsters Gather at RW Weekend Meet (1 Viewer)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Great Weekend

Thanks Lynne & Cheyne and also Pamela & Nigel for a brill weekend. We were made very welcome by one and all.

Also a special thanks to Janine & Barry for entertaining us all with their inspiring Uke sessions accompanied by Chris Boyo on his cack handed guitar.

Thanks also to Kath, Bill & Amanda for being lovely neighbours

Finally, nor forgetting JJ and his inimitable MC style

Once again a great weekend. Hope to see you all again very soon.

Many thanks
Lynda, Ken & Jess the terrier-ist

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Reasons for being a Funster

Thanks so much

1 For a great weekend in true Funsters syle !!!:thumb::thumb:

2 For organisation that was just the best, you must be totaly nackered:Eeek:

3 To Janine & Barrie for supplying the musical entertainment and for allowing me and others to join in, plus running a master class in ukelele paying:thumb:

4 To all our Funster friends for making it a meet to remember:thumb:

5 Put us down for next year :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
sorry I started another thread to say thanks as I did not see this, Nor the pictures :Angry:

but

Carlsberg don't do Motorhome fun meets, but, if they did, they would do them just like Cheyne and Lynn did.

Wow, what a meet.

it was so so good...

So a massive special thanks to Cheyne and Lynn you were ace.

I just also would like to say a huge thank you to Janine and Barry and Chrisboyo.
These guys played music all night in a superbly erected party tent around a real wood burning fire. It was so surreal and you looked like you were enjoying it too.

The Only complaint I have is that I actually came second in the pie rolling competition with my lob bomb role method, only to be beaten by Artona Stuart late on
And my cheating in the Javelin throwing was rumbled by the ringmaster Cheyne.

The setting was ace, and on my morning run through the nearby forest I spotted a deer and the bluebell woods all around were ace.

So well done Cheyne, and Lynn and hello to all the new funsters that we met.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
sorry I started another thread to say thanks as I did not see this, Nor the pictures :Angry:

but

Carlsberg don't do Motorhome fun meets, but, if they did, they would do them just like Cheyne and Lynn did.

Wow, what a meet.

it was so so good...

So a massive special thanks to Cheyne and Lynn you were ace.

I just also would like to say a huge thank you to Janine and Barry and Chrisboyo.
These guys played music all night in a superbly erected party tent around a real wood burning fire. It was so surreal and you looked like you were enjoying it too.

The Only complaint I have is that I actually came second in the pie rolling competition with my lob bomb role method, only to be beaten by Artona Stuart late on
And my cheating in the Javelin throwing was rumbled by the ringmaster Cheyne.

The setting was ace, and on my morning run through the nearby forest I spotted a deer and the bluebell woods all around were ace.

So well done Cheyne, and Lynn and hello to all the new funsters that we met.

WHAT MORE CAN I ADD?

Brilliant meet, Brilliant Marshalls, Brilliant time:thanks:

THANKS CHEYNE & LYNNE:coolthumb::thanks2::notworthy:

plus was great to have Funsters Janine, Barry & Chris entertaining us with great music :thanks:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
That certainly was a FUN weekend - thanks everyone!

It was Barrie's first rally and he was dead impressed by the brilliant organisational skills of Cheyne and Lynn and the friendliness of everyone there.

He says it was just like playing in a scene from 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - The Musical' :ROFLMAO:

Link to Youtube - the Fantastic Fray Bentos Pie Flingers in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly2DHK-NDJg&feature=player_embedded#at=17

Last edited:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
We thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to all who kept little Jessica entertained and especially for sharing your dogs with her, she talked almost non stop about them on the way back. She loves the photo JJ took of her with Jane's dog also called Jessica.

I should also thank you all for allowing me to be the biggest Fray Bentos tosser of 2011, I am sure you all took a dive on that one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Loved the music supplied by our neighbours for the weekend Janine and Barrie, accompanied by Chris.

And of course well done Cheyne and Lynn for organising the weekend. It must be five years since we last saw Cheyne and it was great catching up

stew

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Royal Wedding meet

Many thanks to Cheyne, Lynn for the great extended weekend, very well organised and plenty to take part in if you wanted to, the Music from Janine, Barry and Chrisboyo was great and got us all singing and toe tapping.

Toby also had a great weekend meeting some new friends (Jess & Jess) he is now already asleep in his bed at 18.24pm don't think he will move much tonight.

Roll on next year!!
p.s thanks to Nigel and Pamala

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thanks to Cheyne & Lynn for a FANTASTIC meet. We have so enjoyed ourselves. Just so sad it had to end. x Also a big thankyou to all the funsters for making it such fun

x Ambilkate x

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
That certainly was a FUN weekend - thanks everyone!

It was Barrie's first rally and he was dead impressed by the brilliant organisational skills of Cheyne and Lynn and the friendliness of everyone there.

He says it was just like playing in a scene from 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - The Musical' :ROFLMAO:

Link to Youtube - the Fantastic Fray Bentos Pie Flingers in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly2DHK-

NDJg&feature=player_embedded#at=17

Hi Janine, thanks for the link to youtube, i really looked as though i could play. Will practice for next year ha!:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you to Lynne and Cheyne who worked so hard to make this meet a wonderful success, what a great time and laughter was had

We were thrilled that we were able to make this meet at the last minute , the venue and weather was great, meeting lots of new funsters, and catching up with old friends is always a good tonic and also a lovely spread of food was had

Congratulations also go to Cheyne and Lynne for setting a date for their special day next year xx :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Thanx also to Janine, Barry and Chrisboyo for their wonderful playing of Ukes n guitars

and to Pamala and Nigel

We cant wait to meet up again xx

John n Kath
xx

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
we would like to say a big thank you to lynne and cheyne for a great weekend and to janine and barrie for the music

we had a brilliant time at are frist funster meet ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
An upmarkethippy and a bionic pixie ensured we had a fantastic weekend, thank you Cheynne and Lynne it was great:thumb: Thanks to Janine Barry and Chris for the excellent entertainment, as you probably noticed, I particularly enjoyed it:Blush:
Thanks to Sundowners for their event shelters, and a thank you to all those that loaded those tables with food:thumb: Thank you also to JJ who was master of ceremonies and ensured that no pies were left in the field after the event:Smile: The games were great, and those that wanted to take part had a great time as did those who would rather just watch the fun. Must do it again soon:thumb:

Just put 60 or so pics in the Link Removed:thumb:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I know there are many concerned Funsters out there worrying themselves silly about this matter but please rest assured there is no need to...

...I have cooked a "competition" pie tonight (for research purposes only) and despite it's Saturday ordeal it was perfect. True, the pastry was a little wonky but this is not unusual (as Tom would say...)

JJ

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I know there are many concerned Funsters out there worrying themselves silly about this matter but please rest assured there is no need to...

...I have cooked a "competition" pie tonight (for research purposes only) and despite it's Saturday ordeal it was perfect. True, the pastry was a little wonky but this is not unusual (as Tom would say...)

JJ

Heroic devotion beyond the call of duty :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Huge thanks to Cheyne and Lynne for a truly great Funster weekend. I loved all of it - Barry, Janine & Chrisboyo's music evenings, the 'Olympics', meeting so many other Funsters, wonderful weather. Definitely in my diary for next year! :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Huge thanks to Cheyne and Lynne for a truly great Funster weekend. I loved all of it - Barry, Janine & Chrisboyo's music evenings, the 'Olympics', meeting so many other Funsters, wonderful weather. Definitely in my diary for next year! :thumb:

It was really nice to meet you and for the tour of your super motorhome.

Hope the future full timing is a blast for you:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well sadly JJ departs leaving just me & The fabulous Sundowners Nigel & Pamela:thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
What a wonderful weekend - our first Funsters meet (and certainly not the last). We can only add our thanks to the many already expressed - well done Lynne and Cheyne for organising such a good event. Great company, great music and most importantly, great FUN.

Philip & Mary

p.s. now hope I can work out how to upload a few pictures to the album!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
pictures

Hi, just put some pics in the rally section:Smile:, took ages duplicated some.:Angry:hopeless at this tech stuff.:Sad:

Kate x

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
you took a simple, flattish field in middle England and turned it into Funster Heaven...

JJ :thumb:

Ye gods, you missed your way, you should have been in advertising.

All you missed was....

"Because we're worth it".

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Just getting ready to leave the rally field - thought you would all like to know that the 'beast' is up and running again - one little happy chappy (Cheyne).
He has now gone off to work in it. A real trouper, going to work every day (to his morning job) whilst the meet was in full swing and back again before most of us were out of bed.

Didn't Lynne and Cheyne do a grand job.

We are now looking forward to our next meet - White House, Misterton.

See some of you there.

Nigel and Pamala

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
They were brilliant:thumb::thumb:

Cant get over Cheyne working while we all slept the night before off :winky: then going on to put a full day with us lot:thanks2:

Bet he's pleased his dad was at hand to get his beautiful Landy clutch working again, I think we all know how special it is to him:youbetcha::coolthumb:

A meet that will go down as one of the best:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back