Funsters Beware - It starts on 5th December (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
The new limits in Scotland is effectively a don't drink at all policy. Having a low limit will mean that those who have a moderate drink the night before will not be over the limit in the morning. Question is, how much can you drink in the evening and be legal to drive next day.
Having in the past worked for a company that manufactured breathalysers, everyone has a different response to how the alcohol remains or passes through their system irrespective of height, build, what they eat etc.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about the advance booking opening for the caravan club:cool:.......

I don't see why there should be a problem, if you know you are going to be driving then surely the safe and only answer is - don't drink.

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
The problem is not that the limit has been altered but that it has been altered in Scotland alone. Why could the drink drive limits be set for the whole of the UK thus avoiding any confusion. After all we still are the United Kingdom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about the advance booking opening for the caravan club:cool:.......

I don't see why there should be a problem, if you know you are going to be driving then surely the safe and only answer is - don't drink.
That is perfectly correct, and I imagine it is what all responsible drivers already do.
Perhaps I should explain in a different way why this new limit will have no effect.
Every year in the festive period the number of prosecutions for drink drive go through the roof. Now whilst there may be slightly more people enjoying a tipple at this time of year, the spike in prosecutions is not representative of this. The reason for the increase in prosecutions is the increase in enforcement activities.
There is not going to be an increase in the enforcement in Scotland (save for the usual Christmas campaign, which I am sure the politicians will use to prove that the change worked) thus the limit change makes no difference to either those who do or don't drink and drive.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I am so pleased I don't drink so this is one (the only one) problem I don't have with my motorhome.. :) Smug smile..

Oh, oh.. just realised that all those who I ask for help with batteries, plumbing, engine, etc .. may be drunk!!!! :(

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Does any really think it will make a difference to those that already drink and drive, they know the law just now is 80 or roughly 2 pints but how many times do you see it in the paper folk are 3 and 4 times over the limit. They obviously knew they where over the limit then and will continue to be, the only difference will be instead of 3 or 4 times over they will be 7 or 8. The only chance of stopping this is to make it a minimum 10year ban or prison sentence.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
That is perfectly correct, and I imagine it is what all responsible drivers already do.
Perhaps I should explain in a different way why this new limit will have no effect.
Every year in the festive period the number of prosecutions for drink drive go through the roof. Now whilst there may be slightly more people enjoying a tipple at this time of year, the spike in prosecutions is not representative of this. The reason for the increase in prosecutions is the increase in enforcement activities.
There is not going to be an increase in the enforcement in Scotland (save for the usual Christmas campaign, which I am sure the politicians will use to prove that the change worked) thus the limit change makes no difference to either those who do or don't drink and drive.
I think the new limit will see small increase in prosecutions. It seems to be standard procedure these days to breathalyse anyone involved in a road traffic collision whether or not they were responsible for causing it and the new limit will catch a few out.
I agree with the statement 'don't drink and drive', it is as simple as that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back