Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
We’ve ordered our Tesco vouchers for Irish Ferries as part of a last minute decision to spend a couple of weeks touring the Emerald Isle.
I have a few locations in mind and we will concentrate mainly on the western half of the island but.....
Where do you think we should go? History, culture and landscape, rather than beaches or golf!
And what about places to overnight? Some members of our party prefer on site showers and toilets , so we go more for campsites than wild camping.
Has anyone tried Safe Nights Ireland, which sounds a bit like Brit Stops, perhaps linked with the shower and toilet facilities of a Waterways Ireland Smartcard?
Oh yes, I know that it’s expensive and the ferries are a rip off so……..no need to tell me that!!

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
As far west as you can get, Mizen Head, the light house, there's no light pollution there and on a clear cloudless night see all the stars, stayed there for a couple of nights, fantastic. :thumb:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
On the way:

Trinity College Library in Dublin to view "The Book of Kells", written by Celtish monks some time back. The books are said to be Ireland's greatest national treasure.

Some diversion on the way:

Newgrange prehistoric site, a stone age tomb. Fascinating spot. County Meath.

Along the way:

Bunratty Castle, County Clare. 15th Century Castle "The most complete and authentic medievel fortress in Ireland."

When you get there: The Dingle Peninsular, awesome.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WhiteCheyenneMan

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Brilliant, some good ideas here. Thanks!
I would really like to spend some time in Donegal, but am struggling to find any recommended sites north of Sligo. I would at least like to see some of the Glenveagh National Park and, if there’s anywhere to take/park a 7.65m MH, Grianán of Aileach, still in Donegal, but only just west of Derry.
Any ideas?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back