FUNSTER 365 - A Project you can do too (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am finding that taking the photos is the easy bit. Its the downloading, processing and uploading that is my hurdle. The longer you leave it the bigger the hurdle becomes:whatthe: Just uploaded some, should get the rest up tomorrow. :Smile: Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I do hope members are visiting the funster365 site to view the photos, link is on the home page under media tab down lefthand side, don't forget to leave your comments we look forward to receiving them.
As to the project itself I think a little tweaking is required to get everyone using the same naming format to allow easier sorting. I suggest as follows

DD - month -YY - Username - comment or description

that way it is hopefully possible to sort on the date, how about it Jim can it be better ordered, I do find my photos are mixed up, any idea why, I upload everyday so one should follow another. What are they currently sorting on?

Hi

I suggested this caption format when the album was started.. :RollEyes: but it has no influence on the album order but I agree it would be nice if one standard was adopted by the participants ..

The album is set to organise by date.. but I'm not sure if this is the photo date or the upload date .. I suspect it's the upload date ..
some people upload daily, others wait a few days and do a batch upload so the pics might be out of date order.. but does it really matter, it won't spoil the viewing pleasure ..

Jim

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Jim I too have uploaded every day and my pics are all over the place I did try to edit them to follow each other but someone has been messing:Angry::Angry: so I don't even try now:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim I too have uploaded every day and my pics are all over the place I did try to edit them to follow each other but someone has been messing:Angry::Angry: so I don't even try now:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

Hi Pat ,

Picasa is supposed to order by date .. how exactly I don't know.. maybe someone is cheating .. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

but as I said, does it make any difference ? .. personally I don't think so..

The other option was for each person to create their own album, but then to view a month at a time you would need to select each persons album...

I'm open to suggestions.. but I feel that one album per month with all the pics is much tidier and easier to view.. and gives a greater variety of pictures in one album.. even if out of date order.

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
I'm open to suggestions.. but I feel that one album per month with all the pics is much tidier and easier to view.. and gives a greater variety of pictures in one album.. even if out of date order.

Jim,

I agree with you on this, but it is puzzling why Picasa just seem to drop a new photo in where it wants to.

Sandy

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

Jim,

I agree with you on this, but it is puzzling why Picasa just seem to drop a new photo in where it wants to.

Sandy

I'm finding that strange too! I'm uploading every day but as soon as it uploads and I go to caption it I find it's not the last in album! Strange!:Eeek:
Then again - does it really matter? I think not in the great scheme of things!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
just glad to get mine in the right album
let alone date sorted
you wont miss a pic if you look at em all
you may even see bits you missed
or changed captions when you look through
a second time
we all seem to be learning as we progress

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
just glad to get mine in the right album

you and me both ... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

and there is only one album just now.... wait till we hit Dec...:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
my camara dosnt print the date on the photo
but i am also 1 day behind
so i wont be able to catch up unles
i fib to myself
but in spirit would you want to fib
its your conscience you would wrestle with

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
hi all....i thought the date was to be on the photo to prove it was taken on the day?

If you click on a photo to enlarge it you'll find a panel on the right hand side of the screen - this gives details of the photo including the date it was taken. Proof enough?::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you click on a photo to enlarge it you'll find a panel on the right hand side of the screen - this gives details of the photo including the date it was taken. Proof enough?::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

You will have to take my word for mine:Smile: All my photos come through photoshop, I size them to a max of 800 pixels wide and the "save for web" to get the smallest file size. This must strip all that data from the picture as the date on mine is the process date. :Smile:Some funsters pictures are over 2000 pixels wide:Eeek::Eeek:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
You will have to take my word for mine:Smile: All my photos come through photoshop, I size them to a max of 800 pixels wide and the "save for web" to get the smallest file size. This must strip all that data from the picture as the date on mine is the process date. :Smile:Some funsters pictures are over 2000 pixels wide:Eeek::Eeek:

Guilty as charged your honour!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Will try to do better - honest! :winky::winky:

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Some funsters pictures are over 2000 pixels wide

Hi Jim,
Mine are over 2000 wide too.
Does this cause problems and if so can someone tell me (in single syllables) how to reduce the photo size?

Thanks

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Sandy, most photo programs can easily re-size photos, for display on a computer if the longest side of the the picture is somewhere between 600 and 1000 it will fill most screens. If you don't have access to a program, and may don't, you could shoot at a lower setting on your camera; many have a low resolution mode. Or just carry on with what you are doing, its really no problem:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just a reminder to upload to the February 365 Album .. :winky:

Jim

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Failed

Even though I have been surrounded by chocolate box snowy mountain landscapes all week, I have been so busy I have not taken a picture since Sunday:Blush:

I missed on Monday and felt bad about ever since:Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Failed

Even though I have been surrounded by chocolate box snowy mountain landscapes all week, I have been so busy I have not taken a picture since Sunday:Blush:

I missed on Monday and felt bad about ever since:Sad:

Sadly I have missed a few days too, sat in the RV watching the rain isn't very inspirational ..:Sad: but a few days missed isn't the end of the world.. will try to keep it going once the rain goes off .. :Cool:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Sadly I have missed a few days too, sat in the RV watching the rain isn't very inspirational ..:Sad: but a few days missed isn't the end of the world.. will try to keep it going once the rain goes off .. :Cool:

When it rains i resort to taking pictures of things like glasses of sherry!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
What else is there to do?
:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I will upload and keep it going, the album is too interesting to stop:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Perhaps you could take a photo of the "naughty step" that you are going to have to sit on for the next hour.:ROFLMAO:

Take a well deserved break Jim and play catch up, before the
chocolate box snowy mountain landscapes melt away. It only takes a second or so to take a photo.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
When it is cold, wet windy, snowing etc it takes dedication to continue taking photos, dedication to a project you started, and like a load of meager sheep we followed. So follow my example, sit by the fire with your feet up in the warm and send the missus out with the camera, hee hee. After all someone has to walk the dogs.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Album Cover change!!!!!!!!

And by the way, mine was the first phot published in the Feb album, a nice pussy cat sat in the garden, how come it was ousted from the cover position the very next day by a photo that has remained there ever since? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
And by the way, mine was the first phot published in the Feb album, a nice pussy cat sat in the garden, how come it was ousted from the cover position the very next day by a photo that has remained there ever since? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

ohh dear oh dear .. puss puss puss where are you ... :roflmto::roflmto: ousted by a house :Sad:

have a look now... :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Cheers Jim, pussy came home, your calling did the trick.
hee hee, do you think the weather is making me a little frosty.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi I'm still on course but have had a few close shaves where I forgot but took a last minute pic at about 11.50pm:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Todays pic is probably of interest it is of a newspaper advert which was on the back of a cutting given to me today with some old photos to post on a truck forum. It is from the Southern Evening Echo of Thursday 24th 1965.

2z5u7t4.jpg

What did they mean by exchange prices??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards Pat

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread