Funny how perceive motorhome owners (1 Viewer)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I was valeting a customers Hymer today and was talking to a guy who came to sweep their house chimney. He was under the impression that all motorhome owners must be very rich as "they cost a fortune don't they", I tried to explain that although some motorhomes were expensive it didn't always follow that the owners were rich as they have probably saved for ages and have done without other things so they can purchase their motorhome. Maybe I wasn't very good at explaining as he didn't seem convinced

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Yep, we try that but people think we deal drugs or have robbed a bank!
Do people realise how much they waste on their grocery shopping, labeled clothes, status cars, fags and booze?

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
If they looked on here to see how many try to save a few pence here and there and a discount here and there and don't want to pay for hook up and wont use a campsite and drive miles for the cheapest fuel and and and - he'd soon realise we are all actually on the breadlineo_O

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It is weird because caravan owners don't seem to be viewed in the same way despite a tow car & caravan potentially costing as much as a motorhome!

Which in reality costs you a lot more.

The depreciation on the average 4x4 is bonkers compared to a mid range motorhome!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I am rich, well I will be when my uncles solicitor puts all that money in my bank account that he left me in his will, I'll be fantastically rich. I've send him my bank details and the money will be in shortly :D

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I just tell folks, tongue in cheek, that I rob banks, I did the same when we had various narrowboats.

I've found it's no good telling them things like, well it's nice to have but no compensation for losing your parents, or, you've no idea the other things I've had to do with out to be able to save enough just for the deposit let alone run the dam thing. which is nearer the truth.

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
As I said to one local guy when he said you must be rich, I and the wife worked hard all our lives and I don't Pi£$ it up against some pub wall unlike some, He agreed and said that was his problem, something I already knew.

Life is full of choices, some like big posh houses some like big flash cars or

other things in life you pays your money and takes your choice.

RD

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
I just tell em its on loan(which is not far off the truth)

Alan + Diane,

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We went to a Regata at Hemingford Grey a few years ago, and got chatting to a chap on a boat, a moment later someone he had spoke to earlier walked past who was also camping on the field, and we said he is a tugger, so he Shout's to him ....... Oi what's the difference between a motorhomer and a caravaner.

:eek: He turned round and said about thirty thousand. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
I am rich, well I will be when my uncles solicitor puts all that money in my bank account that he left me in his will, I'll be fantastically rich. I've send him my bank details and the money will be in shortly :D
That would be your previously unknown uncle in Nigeria would it?

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
we are rich with the family of funsters people you meet from all over g/b tails to tell wine and beer to drink from all walks of life old in the middle and young to be rich in life and have a m/h joy lol ray

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
You can't take it with you.. We find that discounting all the fuel, we live cheaper whilst away in the van than we do at home.. There arn't many holidays you can say that about !! Tis a bugger about the fuel cost though.. Just the same when tugging..

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
If they looked on here to see how many try to save a few pence here and there and a discount here and there and don't want to pay for hook up and wont use a campsite and drive miles for the cheapest fuel and and and - he'd soon realise we are all actually on the breadlineo_O
Or tight fisted gits!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Drugs ? Tried some back in the 60s but I didn't inhale ..:D:ROFLMAO:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If they think we are rich why do we get Shit from councils, as being undesirables. Do they think the same about longboat owners and give them a bad time when they tie up for the night? Notices on the bank side saying no overnight parking, sleeping or cooking????

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If they think we are rich why do we get Shit from councils, as being undesirables. Do they think the same about longboat owners and give them a bad time when they tie up for the night? Notices on the bank side saying no overnight parking, sleeping or cooking????

Haha, yes actually there are moorings where your not welcome but I do take your point.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back